Guitar Hero anyone???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
My husband has been dropping hints that he'd really like to have the Guitar Hero series for Christmas. Though it's not here yet, I like to shop early! LOL!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had played ANY of the Guitar Hero series and what they thought about it? I have read reviews online that range from "AWESOME!!!" to "Sorry I bought it..."

Thought I'd open up a discussion and get some insight!

Thanks,
Metalchick

My freind has it. I have my own file on his. It's a party game. Good songs and everyone has a good time. I am no good at it, because i play guitar so It messes with me a lil....its not like playing a guitar much at all. But is fun over and over, for the simple fact you have tunes and something to do.

Yeah, my hubby is a bass player and I am a guitar player. I tried it at Gamestop one day, but didn't really get a feel for it since I only played it for like, 5 minutes.

I was looking at some of the tracks online though, and it seems like all of them are pretty jam-packed with some wicked tunes! I've been seeing good deals on "bundles" and such, but I'd like to get him all three games and a really awesome controller. Does anyone have a suggestion as to their fav controller? I know there are a couple available, but they seemed pretty small when I took a look at them in store. I don't know if they'll be big enough for my hubby or me to play. I tell ya what though, my daughter, who's three years old, looked awesome wearing it! LOL!

~Metalchick

Mutt said:
I am no good at it, because i play guitar so It messes with me a lil....its not like playing a guitar much at all.

Same with me, I play guitar too, and I am terrible at it. It's kind of embarrasing, the first time that I played it everyone expected I would rock but I was booed off stage, LOL.

get rock band. you could play guitar and drums and if ur drunk u could sing too with the mic. its not out yet tho i think it comes out end of november or sumtin

Il Stugots said:
get rock band. you could play guitar and drums and if ur drunk u could sing too with the mic. its not out yet tho i think it comes out end of november or sumtin

Only coming out for X360 and PS3.

i would so rock those drumz. I'd brake the damn thing the first night i'm sure. To bad itsnot on PS2 cuz i only buy new concels once a decade.LOL

i love guitar hero. my son sets up his snare right behind us when my bro and i play. I love it....he loves it......what's not to love. Rock HEMP! :headbang2:

I just bought the game for my family last weekend (wii) at first when I tried playing I was very frustrated, as a drummer I am used to staying right with the beat,and on Guitar hero, depending on level they slow it down to get you into it. But even on easy it gets pretty hard as you go through the different set lists. I am already on the final set, Try Slayers reign in blood LOL.

In synopsis the guys that invented this game are going to be filthy rich. It is alot of fun,and they have thousands of songs to pick from.

We have a Wii.

Is this game something that an 8 yr old and a 9 yr old would enjoy?

THCPezDispenser said:
It's a wicked laugh, I personally think it is a great game. Especially stoned! Here is a clip from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3hZXfNZOE

The guy is a tool, LOL, but he is good at it and the video shows how the game is played.

Oh man, I am a HUGE Rush fan and now I am forever scarred.

This game looks pretty cheesy.

:p

That is what I though at first glance as well Smokinmom, looks are deceiving. The 8 year old may struggle with it a bit, the 9 year old as well, but kids are pretty fast learners.

such a great game we play it all the time

did anyone catch the southpark about it wednesday? haha

LOL... that South Park was a riot! I especially appreciate the "Heroin Hero" game that mellows him out. Total rock star mentality. LOL!

"Dad, you never catch the dragon!" LOL!!!

What I really like is the commercials for the Legends of Rock that has Slash on it. He looks GOOD... I mean, considering all of the "Heroin Hero" he used to play. LMAO. The guy is pumped up though. He looks like a true rock star these days.

The only issue I take with Guitar Hero is that after reviewing the track lists I realize that almost NONE of the songs are original recordings. Makes me wonder why that is? Does anyone know? I think the game might rock a little harder if the songs were original. On the second one, with the exception of "John the Fisherman" none of the songs are original recordings. What a shame.

*Shakes head* tsk tsk game producers... tsk tsk.

~Metalchick

lol yeah i dunno why they dont use the originals that kinda ***** but oh well still an awesome game

as for south park, i was laughing so hard when they played acoustic hahaha, great.

SmokinMom said:
We have a Wii.

Is this game something that an 8 yr old and a 9 yr old would enjoy?

It might be a little over their heads.... That's a big maybe, it really depends on how into it they get and how into video games they are. If they're not interested, or don't even care about it- I wouldn't bother getting it for them, it'll just collect dust untill they're old enough to actually appreciate it/play it.

@Metalchick832: A lot of the recordings you hear in the games have been remastered. This is because of the way GH interprets the songs and the method in which it plays them. Basically the developers re-recorded the songs they couldn't get master tracks to and re-layer all the individual tracks into a 'level' or song in this case. And since a lot of the tracks that are available are from bands that have members who are either dead or just wont talk anymore, don't expect too many original recordings. All it really takes for the developers to get legal rights to put it in their games is to talk to the person who holds the intellectual rights to the songs. That's really all they need.

As a random side note, because of the game Rock Band- the group Led Zepplin is getting back together because the development of the game got the band members talking again. So surprisingly, they've actually started touring again too. Funny how video games bring people together like that :cool:

Another random side note is that I actually work at a video game store as a side job along with school. So feel free to ask any questions via pm or whatever if you'd like.:D

I love Guitar Hero! I have 1, 2, and Rock's the 80's. It has excellent replay value. Its something you can play over and over again. Fun party game too. Drunks and stoners love it. lol. I think I have talked to Mom a couple times on MSN while I was playing. lol. I beat all of them on hard and I can beat a couple songs on expert.

Rock the 80's is a good warm up to GH III, and if you haven't gotten 3 yet- do it. You won't regret it, it's pretty awesome. OH! And you can use your old GHII controllers with 3 so you don't need to buy new ones.

This is def a game a 9 yr old can play. My son is 10 now but he got the first when it first came out so 7-8. He loves it. He opens the strap as long as it will go so that guitar hangs loooooooooooow. He calls it, "Beatles" style. LOL

I love getting high and playin these games.. We have the first 2. ALL the songs rock. You gotta CRANK IT UP when yo play. I found myself righting a few songs down to get on my ipod. LOL

by far one of the best video games ever made. I May have to crank some tunes tonite now. Right after we watch starwars, Return of the Jedi.

Latest posts

Back