guys and gals!!! i need your help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby25

Reaction score
so im about to grow 4 white widow plants but i live in an apartment, is it possible to cover this smell or should i scrap the idea??? all comments are greatly appreciated

Hey there,
You can search the DIY area for some great odor nuetrelizers, how-to make an odor machine and what chems to use. ONA is a good one (Odor Nuetrelizing Agent, found at any hydroponics store). Growing in an apartment has great risks as the management has access when you're not there as well as maint people, so that risk is something you should really consider. Good luck friend!:)

Depends. Do you have regularly scheduled maintanence checks? They suck if growing bud. You could use a carbon filter at your exhaust. That helps eliminate smells and pollen from being exhausted in your house. I use Ozium in a metered dispenser. Hangs on wall and despenses every 30 min or something. It will eliminate odors, not just cover them up. It's used in certain health facilities, Doctor offices,hospitals, places like that. Another one is Odor Assassin. It's also used in metered dispensers. It has citrus smell.

Being that I am a maintenance man at my apartment complex I can tell you your biggest risks. First thing, are you on a bottom floor or top. If your on the top, what condition is the roof in? If a leak occurs next door to you maintenance will want to come in to investigate your apartment to make sure the leak has not spread. If you have a leak coming from your bathtub, faucet, toilet, ac drain etc dripping down on the person below you they will report it and come to your apartment to fix it. (possibly when your not home) The other thing to consider is pest control. My manager just gives the pest guy the key and he goes to the apartments. So there are many things that could jepordize your grow and future. I know how bad it sucks to have to keep buying pot, searching for pot, waiting on pot, blah blah blah. Just know that you dont have to be in that apartment forever so just wait until you can grow and not have to live in paranoia, trust me it will be worth it in the long run my friend. Peace.

My very first grow was white widow in my closet (the same closet where I keep my clothes). I was really worried that all my clothes were going to smell like weed, but was pleasantly surprised to find that during veg, the plant barely smelled at all. It did smell during flower, but I bought a little cabinet to flower in, and threw some Bounce dryer sheets around the closet....and there was barely an odor at all.

Since then I've experimented with a bunch of other strains, many of which reek, but the White Widows have never had much of an odor.

Hay bro, i live in an apartment and i grow... For starters i have a huge carbon filter and the grow is in my bed room closet and the door is light prof also i have a lock that i put on to my bedroom door..

Timmyjg6 said:
Hay bro, i live in an apartment and i grow... For starters i have a huge carbon filter and the grow is in my bed room closet and the door is light prof also i have a lock that i put on to my bedroom door..
Good idea with the lock!;)

Definitely be careful. Weigh the pros and cons and make the best choice, based on your risk assessment. I wouldn't do it but I've been to jail and it's no fun. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back