Guys How long does edibles take to hit on a empty stomach !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Albert

Reaction score
Little confused, Wheater to consume edibles on an empty stomach or a filled stomach, Will that burn my stomach like, Alcohol do if I drink it empty stomach.

What will be the high of the edibles <LOW> or <HIGH>

the only way that edible will burn your stomach is if it’s a jalapeño

what will the high be like?

that depends on how potent the edible is that you are eating

did you make the edible or buy it at the dispensary?

what kind of edible?

I always eat a lil before hand
But this is an article that may help, everyone is different
Why You Shouldn't Take Cannabis Edibles on an Empty Stomach (profofpot.com)

say what?

• The THC:CBD Ratio Hypothesis
My idea is that the anxiety is due to the ratio of THC to CBD under fasted conditions. Although CBD does not block the THC high, it does reduce certain side effects of a high THC dose, such as anxiety and paranoia. Here is a helpful guide to the effects of different THC:CBD ratios.

CBD bioavailability after smoking is about 30%, which is around the same range as THC. The pharmacokinetics of the two molecules are otherwise very similar. So the ratio of THC to CBD in your blood after smoking depends mostly on the ratio of these molecules in the cannabis strain.

Because the activity of 11-OH-THC is at least as strong as THC, I summed the levels of THC and 11-OH-THC for a measure of ‘total THC’. I then examined the ratio with CBD and the results were surprising.

After a meal, the ‘total THC’ to CBD ratio was about 3 at the time of peak blood concentrations. This is already on the high side (no pun intended). However, this ratio after fasting was almost 9 – nearly 3 times higher than after a meal.

here is my hypothesis: eat 1 Alice b. Tokeless brownie and get jacked up

eat 2 brownies and get more jacked up so it is impossible to get off the bed or walk for 2-3 hours

almost everyone who uses cannabis needs to experience the power of cannabis to the extent that one cannot walk , just once in a lifetime so one can experience a high so powerful that it’s impossible to walk….

no one has died from an overdose of cannabis , never

but if one has a bad heart or another medical condition , DO NOT DO THIS!

say what?

• The THC:CBD Ratio Hypothesis
My idea is that the anxiety is due to the ratio of THC to CBD under fasted conditions. Although CBD does not block the THC high, it does reduce certain side effects of a high THC dose, such as anxiety and paranoia. Here is a helpful guide to the effects of different THC:CBD ratios.

CBD bioavailability after smoking is about 30%, which is around the same range as THC. The pharmacokinetics of the two molecules are otherwise very similar. So the ratio of THC to CBD in your blood after smoking depends mostly on the ratio of these molecules in the cannabis strain.

Because the activity of 11-OH-THC is at least as strong as THC, I summed the levels of THC and 11-OH-THC for a measure of ‘total THC’. I then examined the ratio with CBD and the results were surprising.

After a meal, the ‘total THC’ to CBD ratio was about 3 at the time of peak blood concentrations. This is already on the high side (no pun intended). However, this ratio after fasting was almost 9 – nearly 3 times higher than after a meal.

here is my hypothesis: eat 1 Alice b. Tokeless brownie and get jacked up

eat 2 brownies and get more jacked up so it is impossible to get off the bed or walk for 2-3 hours

almost everyone who uses cannabis needs to experience the power of cannabis to the extent that one cannot walk , just once in a lifetime so one can experience a high so powerful that it’s impossible to walk….

no one has died from an overdose of cannabis , never

but if one has a bad heart or another medical condition , DO NOT DO THIS!
I said it was interesting

I only eat small quantities of any edible but have not noticed ‘heartburn’ whether I eat it on and empty stomach or not. I get ‘heartburn’ from fatty foods or as @bigsur51 said, spicy foods. My mother complains that she burps up the taste of the cannabis flavor all day though. My little trick to counter that is to make brownies with a teaspoon of peppermint extract per batch. She burps up peppermint/cannabis flavored burps instead which is better for her…

the only way that edible will burn your stomach is if it’s a jalapeño

what will the high be like?

that depends on how potent the edible is that you are eating

did you make the edible or buy it at the dispensary?

what kind of edible?
But place one of the Jalapeno Poppers (Suppository) up the kiester so to say
And YES it will Burn

But place one of the Jalapeno Poppers (Suppository) up the kiester so to say
And YES it will Burn

I try to eat one at least jalapeño a day , sometime more , especially if we are having beans and cornbread , I may eat 3

been eating them for about 25 years now , I got hooked on them when I was working construction in Kansas and landed a job where I was the only white guy , everyone else was Hispanic , one black dude

so yeah , I had to rub elbows with those greasers every day and after awhile we became friends , I learned a lot of bad Spanish words those two years

so when we all ate lunch , the greasers always broke out the jalapeños , onions , tomatoes , and some cilantro , they whipped up a batch of pico de gallo to eat with their burritos

it took awhile but I got so used to eating them and 95% of the time they never really were hot enough to bother me , going in or coming out , never had a burnt but

to this day I can eat one or two a day and no problems

so yeah , never keistered any , don’t plan on it either

but I will say this , eating a jalapeño is the only food where i had to wash my hands BEFORE I took a pea

learned that. The hard way…same with rubbing my itchy eye , always wash hands after eating a jalapeño

I try to eat one at least jalapeño a day , sometime more , especially if we are having beans and cornbread , I may eat 3

been eating them for about 25 years now , I got hooked on them when I was working construction in Kansas and landed a job where I was the only white guy , everyone else was Hispanic , one black dude

so yeah , I had to rub elbows with those greasers every day and after awhile we became friends , I learned a lot of bad Spanish words those two years

so when we all ate lunch , the greasers always broke out the jalapeños , onions , tomatoes , and some cilantro , they whipped up a batch of pico de gallo to eat with their burritos

it took awhile but I got so used to eating them and 95% of the time they never really were hot enough to bother me , going in or coming out , never had a burnt but

but I will say this , eating a jalapeño is the only food where i had to wash my hands BEFORE I took a pea

learned that. The hard way…same with rubbing my itchy eye , always wash hands after eating a jalapeño
This is me LOL
1653396351676.png

in Wichita there is a large Hispanic population and they always have a big celebration on Cinco de Mayo at the park on 21st Street

lots of taco trucks , food vendors , piñata busting , games , and lots of beer and weed

part of the festivities is the Jalapeño Eating Contest

i watched an Hispanic girl win one year , she ate 54 jalapeños!

she was one hot chica too!

D3160470-FB2A-4197-ABAA-3519E17CAF86.jpeg

I used to work in an optical shop as an optician making industrial optics for the semiconductor industry. One fellow optician used to grow jalapeños and habaneros. He would pickle them and bring in jars to share. The regular jalapeño’s were spicy and delicious. One year we started finding some that were pure fire and had a habanero flavor too. What usually was white part inside those peppers was orange. They must have been a hybrid of the jalapeño and habanero peppers. The guy also used to bring in raw peppers. We would compete to who could eat slices of the assorted peppers. I was usually to winner. The shop challenged me one day to eat a habanero. Money started getting thrown down and the stakes rose. Eventually it got to 2 whole habanero peppers and a hot Italian pepper. I accepted the challenge and ate all 3, chewing them up for good measure. I paid for it though. My hands and feet became ice cold, I couldn’t speak, had to sit down or fall down and drank probably a half a gallon on water. The next day I was #2’ing razor blades. That was the end of my reign as dunce and king of the peppers. How much money did I win? $40. lol. One reason men die at an earlier age than women is we do stupid testosterone induced things…

I used to work in an optical shop as an optician making industrial optics for the semiconductor industry. One fellow optician used to grow jalapeños and habaneros. He would pickle them and bring in jars to share. The regular jalapeño’s were spicy and delicious. One year we started finding some that were pure fire and had a habanero flavor too. What usually was white part inside those peppers was orange. They must have been a hybrid of the jalapeño and habanero peppers. The guy also used to bring in raw peppers. We would compete to who could eat slices of the assorted peppers. I was usually to winner. The shop challenged me one day to eat a habanero. Money started getting thrown down and the stakes rose. Eventually it got to 2 whole habanero peppers and a hot Italian pepper. I accepted the challenge and ate all 3, chewing them up for good measure. I paid for it though. My hands and feet became ice cold, I couldn’t speak, had to sit down or fall down and drank probably a half a gallon on water. The next day I was #2’ing razor blades. That was the end of my reign as dunce and king of the peppers. How much money did I win? $40. lol. One reason men die at an earlier age than women is we do stupid testosterone induced things…
You crazy for taking that on. We had the same wager with Bubba (god rest his soul) in my office back in the day. He ate a spoonful of habanero sauce. He actually scared me I thought I was gonna lose my good friend that day. He washed it down with a half gallon of butter milk and was sick the rest of the day.

Whole new meaning to the term
Flaming azzhole LOL
R.cee73d0892d229838c1a10332906ee03

Sorry for the thread drift @Dr. Albert. Apple cider vinegar helps with heartburn. I know it sounds counterintuitive but it works. From what I have read, the acid in the vinegar signals your stomach to stop producing acid and the acidity of vinegar is less than digestive juices. I do a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a coffee cup of water(adding honey makes it palatable).

Latest posts

Back