Hanging Harvest in tent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rex

Reaction score
It's been a while, how's everyone?
A new year, a new gro.w!

What's everyone's thought on drying in the same tent you are still finishing a few more. I have to get the DANK smell back in the filtered tent while they dry! The smell is powerful from the Dairy Queen, at least in my experience.
The tent is 73-75 and 17% humidity. Normally I just dry outside in the same room, but these stink!

Thanks up front for your expertise.

T

That's fine. Just try and keep the colas out of the direct light. They can get light burn and it's really un appealing.

Thank's Chef I was thinking with you, but needed a positive input. I was going to stay away from the light.
Thanks,
T

i agree it will do if thats all you have available. only concern is that it might smoke a bit more harsh, because most grow tents run at about 30-40% RH and with the air being exchanged so often, they're going to dry faster then usual

Drying in the tent is fine.

just keep an eye on them so they wont overdry to fast.

With that low of humidity and the light directly on them, over-drying will be the issue to deal with. They could end up crispy on the outside while still wet inside because the moisture gets locked in.
It may be a pain to do but I would only leave them in the tent for 6hrs then take them out for 2hrs to allow the moisture levels to equalize then put them back in for 6hrs again, and keep doing this for several days until they are dry enough to put in jars for curing. Just my opinion though. :)

I personally do not believe that it is a good idea to dry in your growing tent and I would never do it. The temps are not right, the humidity is not right and you have way too much light. There is simply not one single thing that makes a tent a good place to dry a harvest.

There is simply not one single thing that makes a tent that is growing a good place to dry a harvest.

Had to correct you there... because I have a 2.5' x 2.5' tent specifically setup for drying. With a fan on a timer and specifically opened vents.

But I know, you ment in a tent that is growing stuff. heh :)

I use a cardboard wardrobe moving box for drying. About $15 at a self storage place. I set the fan and carbon filter on the floor of the box, exhaust the fan and make an intake hole at the top. The rail that goes across the top is handy for hanging the plants from.:D
It's in the same room as my flower tent and freshens the air from the flowering plants, too.

Dark,cool,dry and ventilated. Keeps Buds from drying to fast,,no light degrading the THC,and no PM. Never had a problem I would never Dry my Weed where im growing.

I only use my tents for drying if they are not being used for growing. Like it has already been said, light degrades thc. I would not do it. I would find another place. Jmo

i would run a carbon filter in room to control stank outside of tent..imho

This is where I only come to get my advice. Nowhere else. Thanks all so much for your input. They are in their usual spot OUTSIDE the tent! They were only in the tent for 10 hrs, due to your great advice.
Thanks again,
T

Dr. Green Fang said:
Had to correct you there... because I have a 2.5' x 2.5' tent specifically setup for drying. With a fan on a timer and specifically opened vents.

But I know, you ment in a tent that is growing stuff. heh :)

Well, since he IS growing in the tent, I didn't think it was necessary to reinerate the conditions he was talking about.....

It does work fine, just to set the record straight. I always, currently dry in same flower space above the hoods. Lb's, never a issue. Lights are only on for 12hrs, fans run 24/7 anyhow.

So light doesnt degrade WEED?????Which is it,,it does or it dont??If it does,,12 hours of light is degrading the Weed,,right? Im getting a little confused. Of course you can dry your WEED in your grow room,,but is it good for your Dank???You can hang it on a line outside in the sun to dry,,but that doesnt make it a good idea.

Above the lights. The reflection for 12 hrs is minimal.

To each his own,,I will stick to cool,dark and ventalated

I'm with you Weedhopper. The space above my lights often gets over 80, the humidity is very low, and those big lights still create a lot of light above the hoods.

Latest posts

Back