Hardcore hermie of confused male???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefMOJOrisin

Buddha's Shaman
Reaction score
I have 6 plants under 2, 175w MH bulbs and 306 total CFL watts. They are @ day 13 of 12/12. Readings during the middle of light hours are 76 degrees F, and 40% humidity. Regular feeding regiments with Age Old organics' Bloom 5-10-5 fro flowering, and Grow 12-6-3 for veg. A fan oscilates <-(spelling) on the plants and another on the ballasts.

As of march 13th I will have had atleast one living marijuana plant in my house for 2 years straight. So I definatly know the difference between male and female and hermies. However one of my plants if confusing the **** out of me. Towards the end of veg it showed tall, skinny preflowers. Almost the shape of a dagger without the handle. To me it looked much more like a female preflower than male because it started right at the node and they showed no stems like males do. So i changed my lights to 12/12 with the plant in question still in the grow room. About a week into flowering, 2 female flowers grew on the second to highest node, only on one side. This pleased me.

However...to my dismay, as the days passed...the node above and below was growing male flowers. Classic seed shaped ball on a stick, stupid male flowers. But, by the time these had formed fully enough to make me sure they were male....the calyxs on the node below sprouted the cutest pistils. The male flowers are definatly the dominant force because at every other pre-flower site male flowers are forming. And the previously stated "spear" pre-flowers have stopped growing and are on lower nodes. As of today (day 13) only the 2 calyxs on the 2nd node showed those lovely white hairs.

I have come to grips that this plant is useless becuase I have no place to grow it separatly from my other babies. So it must die and wait to be made into something yummy. But has anyone encountered this sort of thing?? Was this plant just a cross dressing male?? Or was it so extremly, hardcorely hermified that it only got out 2 female flowers before it turned manly? The latter doesn't make too much sense to me becuase I thought only sections of a female plant go hermie....not the whole thing.

Anyone know whats up with this plant?? Its a sexy strain and its a shame to see balls on her face.:(

I have had a male plant go hermie on me.. A female can turn male and a male can turn female on you....

Some plants even put out different sexes on different stems.That's what happened to me, I had a plant with two tops and one top went male and the other shot pistils... It hit the scrap pile..

Sorry about your luck

Kill it. If it is confused you don't even want it for breeding.....

Latest posts

Back