Harvest time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bALLACK

Reaction score
So this is my second attempt at growing and i think i got sucessful, can any of you tell me if is she ready to harvest? i think she lacks alot on resin :S
Here some close ups

RN3F9cNFsBhcg9rDaRlUq7TIcRu0ewrZee2DmcEMT7xTzzItXs73vcCLjnOKdJo2W3F3IA=w1880-h855

ZKHxn9INceWeV-pxeMN5RDX3xbrdN7vr3AeRgI1SriUxmn9UmubGSpRuL6cpeSOk6nDVng=w1880-h855

Those look amazing. If you have amber trichomes I would say your good to harvest, looks like you might. Some strains are just more resiny than others she looks pretty damn good to me.

I can't really see if she have amber thricome's, i have a magnifying glass but its not enough for me to see if they are amber or not ... but thank you for your opinion...
i got lucky she's a female, this was an unknown strain seed gaved to me and i just grew it and here she is, still think she lacks on resin... also its not possible to see wich strain in her by looking at her right?

KrwUjvvDH20C3fQJPdmkLpEQcjbrGLpWTkbX9f8PzGPGGKdf-q5zrqqgUA8v7D84LA8MOg=w1880-h855

G4H10wwdM6cEDoW-BmJkLPgQLrT4Zp2z7htGp6S61PR0F_pxxNv2cOuuGdG19kmklaaYSg=w1880-h855

There is absolutely no way to tell what strain it is by eye. As for if it is done...that would depend on the trichomes and their color. From these pics it is very difficult to tell but she looks just about there from the overall look. You need to get yourself a cheap Pocket Microscope. They can be had online for a couple bucks.

too bad i wanted to know her strain x(
Alright, i shall get a microscope, thrics should be brown or cloudy?... 60% of pistils are brown and the rest white, but pistils doesn't say anything about harvesting i think??

Unless the light in the pictures is fooling my eyes, it appears to be about 10% amber to me, BUT it is best as Hammy said to get a scope or at least a 30x lens to check them. They look ready to me though. Very good job of taking care of her. Dry them buds carefully and then put them in some jars or some kind of sealable containers for controlled curing.

Ideal trichome color is fully cloudy/milky with 5%-50%+ amber depending on the kind of high you want. If you like more of a heady high then go with very little amber trichomes (already too late for that on this one I think). If you like more of a body stone, couch-lock high then allow it to get more than 30% amber.

Thank you guys for your help!
Any advice on drying the buds? i already know that slowly its the best way of drying becuz heat will decrease thc potency i think and make's sense... but i wanted to know if i should hang them updside down or different way? and sorry for my english i try to explain myself the best i can x.x

If i can't get a scope or something i will just wait one more week and cut it...
I had no idea of how complex Marijuana could be! but i like this!

You can hang them on the stems or the whole plant if you want, or you can dice them up if you want. I have a lot of humidity that I have to deal with where I live so I have to trim up all the leaves and then cut all the buds away from the stems and lay them on screens to dry them. I actually use an old refrigerator that I have vented so that it will draw air through it. Some people use closets, and some use the same grow space but turn the lights off so that the buds stay in the dark. But you want them to be in a fairly dry place and as the moisture evaporates into the air, that air needs to be removed so fresh air can come in to evaporate more moisture.

I live in an island and its very very humid here, so i think i will hang them on the stems but first i will cut all the fan leave's for it to dry better, i will put it in a open closet in a dark room with a fan giving some air to the room.
One more think... i should stop water her 3 day's be4 harvesting right??

Don't put the fan directly on the plant as it will cause them to dry too fast on the outside and lock moisture on the inside. If the fan is very small that will work but if it is a bigger fan that moves a good amount of air then don't use it. if it is a medium sized fan then you can use it but use a timer if you can get one, and set it so that the fan blows for 15 minutes then cuts off for 45min. This will allow the moisture inside the buds to move to the outside while the fan is off.

Then you will need to open the door at 2x a day and air the closet for a minute by swinging the door back and forth to pull the air out and get fresh air in. After 2 days, feel the buds and see if you can tell if they feel stiff and "crunchy" or if they are still soft and slightly moist. If they are feeling stiff and crunchy on the outside and still soft on the inside, then you need to turn off the fan for longer periods. maybe on for 15min and off for 2hrs. It should take at least 4-7 days for those to dry properly. Then you will need to move them to containers for curing. I used to use canning jars but I recently found that large Tupperware containers work quite well. I went and bought a bunch of the disposable "Gladware" containers that will hold about an oz in each container.

You can water your plants right up to harvest. I wouldn't cut them off water except maybe the day of harvest. as they are easier to work with when they haven't wilted. :)

What if i simply have my window opend with some air going in without using a fan?

here is the thing, you have put forth a great effort in caring for the ladies this long, so make sure you take extra care in this final process as it determines, taste potency. ideally you want a sealed room that is dark and dry and warm i believe. then each day twice a day you open the door to exchange the air HP gave you the perfect instructions read them several times. Good luck and godspeed

Edit!! why cant i see any pics?

Latest posts

Back