harvesting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinydn

Reaction score
so my triches are where i want them..but people are telling me to put my girls in 24 hour darkness for 2 or 3 days..how important is this? i have 2 plants ready and 1 with a few more weeks to go ..so can i chop and hang?what will i be losing if i do? thanks

wht do u mean ur triches are where you want them. please be more specific. and the dakness does not make a diffrence. provide more info and pictures if possible before u decide to chop and hang.

i think he means his trichs are at the desired color he would like to chop them down :p

yes you can just chopp and hang ,,,have you done a flush tho to get rid of the harsh taste of chemicals :peace:

Hello Tinydn :)

The theory behind the dark period is to make the plant produce slightly more resin.

Some do it, most dont.

If the Trich's are where you want them to be, then its chop time ;)

:peace:

Yur fixen to put them into darkness anyway as soon as ya chopem aint ya?;) So chop and then Darkness,,,gets the smoke sooner.:D

i got a question. as most know i harvested yesterday after a 10 day flush. hung and turned the fan on.
trimming sucks! my hands still hurt.
i see these lovely nugs that looke like they have been molded into that.
were thay? do they do it naturally.?
understand what i am talking about? they look like they have been pooped out.

city said:
i got a question. as most know i harvested yesterday after a 10 day flush. hung and turned the fan on.

That is caused by the Paper sack drying I think. I hang mine and then straight to jars. Love the Cured smoke.:hubba:

Hello City :)

Imagine an apple, it is full of moisture when fresh.

Leave it on the side for a week or so and it will lose its moisture and shrink.

Buds do exactly the same, but as buds lose moisture they close up tight ;)

sorry didnt mean to take over your thread......
thanks for the info...

thanks for the input everyone...i chopped her last night...looks good..gonna be a long wait till shes cured...i may have to sample it early,,

You gotta have a quick dry sample ;)

It will taste of donky hoof, but you will know what your in for when its cured without the donky hoof taste :)

so my triches are where i want them..but people are telling me to put my girls in 24 hour darkness for 2 or 3 days..how important is this? i have 2 plants ready and 1 with a few more weeks to go ..so can i chop and hang?what will i be losing if i do? thanks
As long as you have flushed, you should chop. Enjoy that...

They shrink and close up as they dry.

I'm jealous.... everyone is harvesting.
I'm still about 3 weeks out....

Latest posts

Back