Harvesting Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
hello folks.

i will harvest the crop soon.
i have some questions :

1 ) i'll make cannbutter from fan leaves .should i keep all fan leaves or only " sugar " coated fan leaves ?

2 ) How should i keep fan leaves before making cannabutter ? should i keep them in brown paper bags to dry a bit or should i put them in freezer ? or can i make cannabutter even as soon as i trim them ?

3 ) i live at very heat place. i will hang my plants in an air conditioned room to dry.then i will cure them in jars.can i put the curing jars in a fridge ? it is the coolest place in my home.

4 ) how long should i cure them in jars ?

5 ) After curing stage, can i keep them in the fridge ?

Thanks.

Hello Charles :)

Any leaf with Trichomes on it goes into the cannabutter, I doubt the fan leaves will have any on them.

If you use dry plant matter it will have most of the Chlorophyll removed so it doesnt taste as bad.

Lots of people keep their MJ in the fridge :)

Do you understand how to burp the jars to make sure all the moisture is removed so they dont go mouldy?

:peace:

hi hippy.

i will hang the plants untill the stems snap and then i'll put them in mason jars. i will burp them once at a day for 14 days and i will never open the jars except i smoke.

is it good way to get smooth taste ?

and how can i dry trimmed leaves before making cannabutter ? can i put them into paper bags to dry ?

HIE is right, if you dry them it will give the butter a more mild flavor however it depends what your tastes are. I have made butter with fresh leaves which gave a very bright green product and I actually rather enjoyed the plant like flavor. Of course everyone is different and you gotta do what you will enjoy.

Latest posts

Back