Having trouble cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny5968

Reaction score
ITs been 14 days and only 4 out of 30 have rooted. they seem to be ok they are not witled and look green. I pulled one out of the cup and no roots.Should i be more patient?

I have had plants take 30+ days to show roots as long as the cutting is nice and green and looking good let them alone and they will root and grow.

What is your system of cloning? Some phenos are harder to clone than others, and autos do not clone well (I hear). Are you feeding them diluted nutes? do you have them under a dome? What kind and how strong is the light they receive? Something is wrong, and someone here knows. Just give more details.

Peace

ozzydiodude said:
I have had plants take 30+ days to show roots as long as the cutting is nice and green and looking good let them alone and they will root and grow.

:yeahthat: be patient :icon_smile:

:watchplant:

Dam..if I dont get roots in 14 days they get tossed...more put in..moveing on

Strange , i just had Romulan clones that rooted in 6 days. I am using T5 lighting and put them about 1 inch away from the light and they root like magic. Also , i've been using ZHo, which is a root innoculant. Supposedly , it will hasten the formation of all the good microbes that form at the root ball.

Ty everyone for the info. I think ill let them set for awhile longer...Thanks again!!

If you didn't use any cloning hormones on the cuttings it will take longer. Also as Ozzy said, some strains take longer. I like to put mine in cloning gel right after cutting them and let them rest in that for about 20-30min, then keep them moist and warm but not hot (77-80f) and in lower light conditions. I have just 1 4'T5 light with the 3000K spectrum bulb. All of these things do well to give me nice roots within a week to 10 days. Good luck :)

congradulations :woohoo: Its always nice to see them roots start popping after setting clones for the first dozen times. Come to think of it, its still a thrill to set some cuttings and then open it up and see them new roots shooting out. :icon_smile:

Did you change anything or did it just take time?

Sure is a great feeling to know you can clone and be successful at it!

I just gave it some time to let them do there thing...I was worried for a min......Ty for all the help.... Ill post some pics in a couple of weeks......

They look great! A lot of time all you need is enough patience.

The Bigger ones are Mataro Blues and the others are Skywalker..these were all cut at the same time...Not very consistent rooting but they dont look to bad...

feels great when ya get some too root eh?

congrats

Good job! They look real happy. That "patience" thing is hard to get a handle on -- I know... You have a beautiful crop growing there -- Green Mojo for the rest of the grow....

Peace

Latest posts

Back