Heat...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistisrising

Wierd Al Yank a Male
Reaction score
I have a room that is having heat problems. It's 2.5' x 8' x 6.5' which is 130 sq ft. I have a 180cfm exhaust fan venting the whole area, which is broken into two areas with a total of 900 watts of hid lighting. The temps have gotten up to 75 within an hour, then 85 by 9 hours. I don't know how fast it gets up there since I can only look before I go to work, or after I get home (work 7 days). What are your opinions on how this will affect the crop? A pic of the setup can be seen in the first pic in the auto thread in my signature. Thanks in advance for any input...

This is really a bump, but when I went into the room yesterday, the temps had reached 91 degrees. I figure the fan is swapping the air a few times in five minutes, so what else can I do to break this heat up?

do you have a forced fresh air intake that could help if you dont have one then take air from the coldest part of the house if possible if your grow room is on the first floor cut a hole in the floor and pull cooler air from the basement. also your exhaust fan could be a bit stronger

I would like to know the temps of the air being braught in..you wont get that area cooler then the intake air..if you can cool the room the intake is comeing from 5 degrees lower then what you want..that will help..also a Larger exhaust will help to..I run 2 time the cubic feet for my exhaust..my air exchange is constant..Good luck with this..KEEP M GREEN

is your reflector vented.that would solve your problems.if you have enough cfm';s pulling thru your reflector,it will greatly reduce the temps.also need a good cfm blower bringing in cool air.i bring air into my tent via a dryer vent i put in just for this purpose.i also have 2 oscillating fans inside the tent.i keep my temps in the 60's and the plants love it.good luck

What andy said, i have two 1000w mh/hps lights, but i have a 300 cfm fan pulling air through both of them, really helps with temps, and i keep the light about a foot from the top of them, with that many lights.

Thanks to all for replying. The intake air is supplied from the basement surrounding the room, I was hoping that this would help keep the humidity up and the temp down. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the humidity above forty percent, and the temps were holding fast at 75 for the first two weeks, but now they've gone crazy. Luckily the plants don't look as if they notice yet, I haven't noticed the growth slowing. As for fans, I have an 80cfm inline fan blowing in, from the basement, directly across the tops of the pots, and a 12" oscillating fan to stir it further. The lights are the econo light 150 watters (five of 'em), so venting the hood is out of the question.

I guess the option I was trying to avoid is the only course of action. I need to up the cfm on my ventilation fan. I was trying to keep the sound of the fans down, and the 180cfm barley keeps quiet, but in the interest of not wasting my time and genetics, I'll invest in a stronger fan. Running a line to the outside is out of the question because of stealth. Tomorrow morning i'll be there again, I'm hoping the new colder temps at night will help me out some.

Another thing. Based on the idea that the plants don't breathe in the dark, I turn the fan off during the dark period. The 80 cfm supplying fresh air still runs. Being that they're autos, its six hours during the night. I could switch that to the day, also, but I don't know how much that would affect the high temp.

I found a 265cfm inline fan on cheaphydroponics. com for $80, but I want to look around a little more. Money's tight, but I want as many cfm as I can afford. 265 would be swapping the air two times per minute.

as buddy said,i would not with less than 440 cfm's.i had rather have over-kill than not enough.trust me i did this at 1st myself.i let the guy at the hydro shop talk me into 3 180 cfm blowers.it did not take long to realize ihad been shafted.i now run the can max fans and the noise is no problem with a speed control.

Latest posts

Back