Hello, I have a size question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernHoney

1st timer
Reaction score
Thank goodness you folks are around to help, I still have one small ww. It is only 7" tall while it's sister is 1'2" tall. The ob's I have are almost 2'. I have so far, the 2 ww sisters and 3 ob girls and the others I can't tell yet. I see little nubs but they usually turn out to be leaves. I am wanting to wait at least another week to get my HPS and bigger reflecter for flowering, but I am wondering what I should do with the little one. I really don't have the space (yet) for a seperate veg space and I am afraid if I let the others go until she is bigger I will have space issues. She shows no signs of pre flower at all. What will happen to her if I flower her with the others? And while I have your attention. My husband wants to keep one of the males upstairs with the other plants to see how it will grow. I pretty much know the answer to this question but will any pollen find it's way to the girls if I do that? They are in a seperate part of the house.
Thanks and Happy Monday.

The pollen question can be answered like this: Ever had any drywall work done in your house? Was there any horizontal surface in that house that didn't have joint compound (not a pun) dust on it?

I'd bury that sucker deep in the back yard. You'll take pollen into your grow space on your clothes and hands and hair. It won't be much pollen so your plants will only be a little bit pregnant.;)

Yes, you can put the smaller plant in with the others when you get ready to flower. I would raise the pot by sitting it on something so that you have an even canopy. She will flower when she is ready (sexually mature).

Yes, pollen will most likely find its way to your girls if it is kept in the same home.

Thanks Goddess, I will raise her up now,I always like reading your input even though for now I am soil grower I do plan on going hydro someday soon. You have a wealth of knowledge in that head of yours. I for one appreaciate it.

I often have flowering males not too far from my ladies. Provided you take reasonable care, there is not much risk. When I selectively pollinate I just hold a piece of paper under the flowers and gently tap the branch, watch the pollen fall on to the paper. Then I fold the paper so as to contain the pollen, take it into the grow room, and carefully pour a little pollen on to the cola that I want to pollinate. Then I carefully fold up the paper, take it out and dispose of it. I can clearly see the pollinated colas changing after a few days. I rarely get any other colas pollinated and even then it will be just a few seeds. Provided you're careful and well-prepared it is easily done. Needless to say you want the fan OFF during this operation! I do this at the start of the dark period and then an hour before the fan and lamps come on, mist the whole area with a hand sprayer.
If you keep the male upstairs I doubt there will be a problem - providing there isn't a breeze blowing its pollen everywhere. But don't visit it and then go into your grow room, that would be asking for seeds . . .

Latest posts

Back