help from the pros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

learnin to gro

Reaction score
alright i have 6 white widow plants from seed in a 30X30"X48" tall box and i am thinking about moving to a 48"X36"X72" area just wondering will i get a much greater yield off of the plants if instead of going 12/12 at 18" i wait until they like 24" and use some lst also im using fox farms ocean forest soil and have the six part fox farms nute pack. they are two weeks from seed. they are currently under a 400 watt hps because all the 6500k cfls i had made my box too hot but i have a bunch of 2700k cfls that i can supplement with later and was not sure if i should invest in another 400 watt hps help from pros or people with experience with this strain would be much appreciated

thas another 6" of growth.. if u have the time/ambition definately do it... you will get 1/4 more yield if not a lil more. The trouble is that it takes longer to grow a plant 24" compared to 18"

I always like to say 1, 4foot plant is the same as 4, 1foot plants. but it takes a lot less time to grow something 1foot tall compared to 4feet. On saying this I have a 3.5 and 3 foot plant I just found tonite (yes found .. in a room I forgot had plants in it w/ lights on.

If you have the space and can wait b4 getting some smoke.. definately do it... nothing like a BIIIG cola.. they get bigger with age.. =)

do you think the size of room is adequate and how many plants do you think i could squeeze into that area dou you think 4 more is possible i mean they would only be about 2 1/2 weeks behind what im growing now if strt tomorrow. would two 400 watters be too much

also kade thanks for your reply and thanks to any more in advance. i think im going to build tomorrow ill post pics of the space and my little uns

I'm not one to know how many in an area... I used to grow 16 in a 4'x4' area.. now I grow 25 in the same area... this is under a 1000w hps. if you can keep your temps right another hps can't hurt at all.

The longer the veg the bigger the yield but if you only have 3 ft of vertical space you might want to look into LST. Even with that though, hmmm well maybe. I flower under a 1000 mh and a 1000 hps oh yeah I forgot about the 175 HID, personally the HID hasn't done anything to really impress me, but I swear by the mh. Tried and true. Although as my plants rotate thru the hps towards the last couple of weeks I have noticed a major difference in the tightness of the buds. Thanks TBG for that advice BTW.

Yeah, buds get tight when they have lots of reddish light

Latest posts

Back