Help getting this under control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrEkkED

Reaction score
View attachment 202475View attachment 202476
View attachment 202477View attachment 202478

I have been having problems with this plant having different deficiencies since just before flower.

I'm now 17days into flower and this plant is getting way worse. Any suggestions? I'm using half soil half soiless, which was a mistake, I'm using tap water with an air stone and the full line of earth juice nutes and hygrozyme. I first saw the magnesium deficiency 2 days ago which also happened to be feeding day. I foliage fed with earth juice bloom the same day in hopes it would suck it in. The burn has been moving up the plant.

I havn't but I doubt it because the plant is still progressing really well other than that. The buds are blooming and the plant is growing up. I only water twice a week usually, but even so only once it's dry.

I also see what looks like Spider Mite damage and or PM.

Ya there is. I have been spraying with organic insecticide. I caught it before it became a real issue. There's only a few leaves affected by the mites.

Is it just a couple leaves like that? What week are you in flower?

Yea, it's only a few leaves near the bottom, although it seems to be moving up.

My run off ph is 6

I'm on day 17 of flower

When I was first growing this plant I didn't realize I had to feed it until it got a nitrogen deficiency so I fed it a chemical 20-20-20 which I ended up burning it with. I then waited 2 weeks and fed it the earthjuice lineup and yet again burnt it slightly so waited another two weeks when it was then showing signs of magnesium deficiency. So I fed it again on friday and have now been seeing these problems.

this was on day 15
attachment.php

I would need to see the whole plant, but using a foliar feed, plus spider mite killer under lights could burn a plant. I would take those bad two leaves off and look to make sure you have gotten rid of the mites, then give it some molassis in a week or so. jmo

I stick with my above reccomendations. It looks like it will be fine.

Green mojo to you Wrekked.

Rosebud said:
I would need to see the whole plant, but using a foliar feed, plus spider mite killer under lights could burn a plant. I would take those bad two leaves off and look to make sure you have gotten rid of the mites, then give it some molassis in a week or so. jmo

Just curious because im a hydro freak...why molasses in the soil in a week or so

Molasses is good for magnesium, potassium, calcium, and iron. But it is gentle on the plant. He has been hitting the plant pretty hard with nutes and insecticide, I think it needs to have a break and start back with the molasses. That is just what I would do.

I hope that makes sense. It may not, I do a lot of growing by feel.

I am curious, is the Earth Juice a chelated organic nutrient or a non-chelated organic nute? The reason I ask is because if it is non-chelated then it will need the soil microbes to make it available to the plant. And with all that has happened with overnuting and flushing, I wonder what kind of shape the microbe herd is in at this point. Any time you run organic nutes, you have to make sure you have a good microbe herd going first or it won't be able to keep up with the plant's needs. I say that because the pics look like either a beginning manganese or phospherous deficiency, which are in higher demand when going into flowering. And if the microbes aren't in good health, that would account for that. If in doubt, I think it would serve you to put some extra microbes in the soil (something like ZHO from botanicare or Subculture M)

I've actually been pretty easy on the nutes, but I think because I took so long to get around to feeding it properly I've been playing catchup, or rather the plant has.

I've fed it once with 20-20-20 which I burned it pretty nice.

Then I fed it with the organics about 2 weeks later, making a tea for 24 hours.

I've given nutes twice since the chemical in these numbers (per gallon). I'm following jmansweeds' numbers from his nute study.

Catalyst 10ml
Micro 5ml
Grow 10ml
Bloom 5ml
Meta K 2.5ml
Hygrozyme 8ml

When I foliar fed the bloom I only put 1ml in a 500ml spray bottle, but only sprayed 25 ml total on it, then sprayed additional 25ml of plain water.

I have sprayed twice for mites, once at 3 weeks of veg and once the other day.

Today the plant has grown about 1.5 inches taller and the buds had twice as many hairs, but the fan leaves are all browning on the very edges. The little leaves near the bottom that got burnt have died.

First picture shows the brown. It's hard to see, but in front of the brown it's a very light yellow, almost white. You can notice it on the middle leave tips on the bottom left.View attachment 202527

This one is just a picture of the same leaf and the one above it, which is normal. You can also see all the little leaves that are yellowed up and dead at the bottom of the plant.
View attachment 202528

A few things.....
I always trim up the bottom of all my plants. Starting at dirt level go up about 1/3 of the way and cut EVERYTHING that's not going to produce a bud out of there. HAVE & SHOW NO MERCY DOING THIS THINNING EITHER!!! You'll get better air flow and your plants will put more of their energy into the tops of the plants instead of all that.....brush and crap growing in there. Another thing, ANY discolored leaves - take them off the plant. They're going to die anyway. Also at this stage of the bloom IF there are any huge leaves blocking light to lower bud sites JUDICIOUSLY remove SOME of those blocking leaves. NOT ALL OF THEM or even a majority of them. Here you want to be stingy on how many you're removing. Just go through when your light is on and simply look down through the tops of your plants and see if you can spot any offending leaves. Some strains are notorious for these light blockers and they're NOT all bad. But like this Diesel Berry strain I have going.....God there's some HUGE light blockers down in there although things are progressing the way I prefer as I am removing some (at day 45 of bloom for me) to let that light in there more.
Finally, if it was me, I'd quit with the multipart Earth Juice and just use FoxFarm's BIG Bloom organic fertilizer along with Atami's B'cuzz Bloom Stimulator. The BIG Bloom is very mild which you can tell by the dosing which at 4 TBS per gallon of water is hard to mess up and it works!!!! The B'cuzz which is also organic should be used at EVERY WATERING (it makes no difference if there's nutes in there or not. It can be used alone or with your standard nute regimen) whereas the Big Bloom can be used every other time. My only other comment or suggestion would be to also try & use House-Garden's Shooting Powder starting at week 4 or 5 of the bloom and follow their 1/2 tsp per gallon regimen IN PLACE of using the B'cuzz from that point out till harvest. Don't ever use those two at the same time. Is the Shooting Powder organic?? At that stage of the grow and for the length of time that I use it, that's the least of my concerns at that point. I use that because of one thing - it works!!

Anyway, here's some links and good luck!!

hxxp://foxfarmfertilizer.com/item/big-bloom-liquid-plant-food.html

hxxp://www.planetnatural.com/site/b-cuzz-bloom-stimulator.html

hxxp://www.amazon.com/House-Garden-Shooting-Powder-Sachets/dp/B000FZZ1EK

Awesome advice. Need to do some hair dressing. I'm going to stick with earth juice at least till its finished cuz I already spent enough money on it. Thanks a lot!

I trimmed her up and today she looks really happy. Nice and green everywhere, buds growing bigger. I had to feed my bubblegum seedlings today at 2 weeks and this kush didn't show any signs of deficiency until 8" tall and showing preflowers. I guess she just doesn't like too many nutrients I'm going to try 1/4 strength but also add a bit of molasses next time.

Thanks for all the help guys/gals

Latest posts

Back