Help identifying Male or Female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffon

Reaction score
I've read and I've looked at pictures but I want to confirm before tossing one of my babies. I have had these in flower for 9 days. The pics may not be the best, but let me know if you can tell what gender these two plants are. Thanks in advance. ( the first three are one plant and the second three are another )

Wid1 pic 1.jpg

Wid1 pic 2.jpg

Wid1 pic 3.jpg

Wid2 pic 1.jpg

Wid2 pic2.jpg

Wid2 pic3.jpg

In my opinion the first plant is a male it looks like it has balls, the second one looks female still a little early maybe. That is just my opinion.

Sorry I see males....See the balls.

Second is hard to tell yet. Possibly female.

do you recommend I remove the first one then? And bring up the next youngin to flower...?

Pic 1,2 & 3 looked EXCATLY like my males i just killed, 3 footballs type things.

Nice looking Males there friend. best to pull those now..I think we confirmed 4u:aok:

heh... darnit... I have a couple more to go... I was really high last night and was really paranoid about chopping up the male plant. I just cut it up and put in a zip lock bag. I didn't know what to do with it. I was looking for the post, that discusses what people do with their males. I remember some people saying compost pile, others burning them. One person said "do not throw out your scraps, that's how I got busted" Any one else do anything different?

I want to know if there is a way to determine sex before ball stage. I could save alot of water trips if I knew ahead of time. Is there any other way of determining sex before the plant starts to flower???

mrbeezly said:
I want to know if there is a way to determine sex before ball stage. I could save alot of water trips if I knew ahead of time. Is there any other way of determining sex before the plant starts to flower???

Yeah, theres this lady with a crystal ball and....................................

mrbeezly said:

Clones.;)

Sorry--ten thousand comedians outta work and you gotta listen to me and Mr K.

Obviously, you're growing outside if you're carrying water. I think the outdoor guys have a way of quick sexing a limb with a bag, but IDK for sure. Post the question under Outdoor Growing--I bet someone will be able to help you out.

mrbeezly said:
I figured as much....

You can take clones as soon as possible from all your plants and label them with corresponding numbers. Number 1 plant is number 1 clone and so on. Put the clones into 12/12. They will show sex in a couple weeks and any male clones you see, just go remove the plant with the corresponding number. Of course, it can take a couple weeks for the clone to make roots, too, so this process takes three-four weeks minimum. It's worth it if your plants are going to veg a longish time.

Lassie

Lass,
Thanx! Help me on this a bit more. Now I go to my plants, take a clone...
12/12? I need specifix please...

yes take a clipping place it in a glass of water and place it under a light on 12/12 cycle...you will know the sex in a week...good luck

If you can, take a nice sized clone (4-6" or so) from your plant that has a couple nodes on it. It's much easier to see the sexing than a little cutting with only a crowded growing tip and a couple of leaves for preflowers to develop... boys tend to show by dropping their balls pretty fast... They gotta GO! We're running a sorority around here... And speaking of getting rid of plants... I tend to put mj scraps in a bag (without any receipts!!!) and discreetly toss them into an unsuspecting dumpster - usually belonging to a business... I used to do bubble hash and keep all the scraps around. But after a guy I know got popped several years ago and he had 10 lbs of garbage weed saved for bubble hash included in his sentence consideration... well that took care of that! imho it's just too risky to keep pounds of bunk around to add to the total... Not that I want to or plan on getting busted at all but if I did it better be for something worthy of smoking.

PencilHead said:
I think the outdoor guys have a way of quick sexing a limb with a bag, but IDK for sure. Post the question under Outdoor Growing--I bet someone will be able to help you out.

Yup... PencilHead is talking about putting a light proof bag over a branch or a portion of a branch for 12 hrs darkness every day for about a week to 10 days until it shows sex. It works well if you can stick to the rigid schedule. It would be SO cool if they made a battery powered shade bag with a timer that would open up slightly to let light in and close for 12 hour timer cycles... That's such a good idea I gotta smoke another...

Hey PencilHead... K.O.L (Kings of Leon) tickets go on sale here tomorrow... They're local boys who have done well... I've seen them in small venues for about 8 years and this is their first arena gig in the area. Killer live band. I've worked at recording studios where they've recorded and those boys LOVE their pot! The studio owner asked them to contain it to their control room a few times cuz the whole studio was smelling SO good... to me! :eek:

Peace!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
It would be SO cool if they made a battery powered shade bag with a timer that would open up slightly to let light in and close for 12 hour timer cycles... That's such a good idea I gotta smoke another...

That would sure save the hassle of having to cover the plant everyday:hubba:

Latest posts

Back