help me please.!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mawth420

mawth420
Reaction score
a friend of mine gave me a northern lights plant. they had it on 12/12 cycle (its still very young) and i want it to get bigger so i want to put in on 24 hrs of light and then flower it with my other plants. will this cause it to become a herm? Also, its a clone so if it herms and pollinates itself won't that mean the seeds will all be female??

thanks alot.

No the seeds will be hermie so hear.. You need chemical's to make feminised seeds...

umm im not entirely sure... maybe a month or two? it doesnt look big enough to be more than a month old, unless they just dont know how to grow pot lol

lol, well really how far along is it physically.

u got preflowers?

u got fat preflowers?

if its really buddin buddin, id leave it...not worth sending it back to veg unless u plan on veggin for a long while

just imo

it isnt really budding. its got pistils everywhere and if u put ur nose right up on it smells like dank. but its soooo short. i want it a little bit bigger before it buds

mawth420 said:
a friend of mine gave me a northern lights plant. they had it on 12/12 cycle (its still very young) and i want it to get bigger so i want to put in on 24 hrs of light and then flower it with my other plants. will this cause it to become a herm? Also, its a clone so if it herms and pollinates itself won't that mean the seeds will all be female??

thanks alot.

I don't think that it is a good idea to put a plant that is into flowering back into 24/7...although it can be done. It will stress the plant and it will take it several weeks to get back into vegging. It will have weird growth and could well hermie. If it hermies, you do NOT want to use the seeds. They will be female, but can and many times will be hermies. Hermies produce hermies--a very undesireable trait.

If I were you, I would try to get a couple of clones off her. Clones taken when plants are flowering take longer and are harder to root, but it can be done.

I've revegged a couple of plants. Same principle. Didn't get any hermies. I'd say if it's so small your yield is not going to be worth 2 months of flowering put it back in veg. THG is right though, it will have weird leaves.

awesome. thanks everyone.

would it help if i slowly adjusted it back to a 24hr cycle??

I'd just go on and put it on the 24 hour cycle if I was going to do it.

Latest posts

Back