help me with cfls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah started with 10 23 watt cfl's in a rubbermaid tub using lsty.beautiful buds,no weight.i smoke.alot!!! and, sorry,i love a good daylight cfl for veg,6500k or so. but for flower only hid.also sorry to offend the hard core cfl flowerers.i do know when using a 250 hps in 3x3 flower box 2ft tall LST style.my elec usage went down compared to running the cfl's right before.2 grows later tired of 250 go to 400 watter.2ft wide,4ft long,25in tall,LST one more time.and presto.170 cfm 40 watt inline exhaust,diy cooltube on one end diy carb filter on other.1 degree above ambient outer area temp. this is evolution.passive intakes 3 to 1 ratio 1 circulating fan,to keep out mold.that's called evolution.heat can be dealt with once you understand the principles of it.

Yeah you definitely have to get those cfl's right down on top of the plants... just get a fan to cool the plants and make sure they are adequately watered...
I keep my cfl's around 1 to 2 inches above the plants max...

thanks. alright theyre basically as close as they can get. i know now i need more of them ive only got 5 so i still need more light. im struggling to find things to use the bulbs in though i dunno i obviously need to think hard and change my setup. BUT until then i have to do something. my plants havnt grown at all since i got em and are still slowly going yellow and ideas?

get the little screw in thing that turn one socket to two and screw it in.but it won't fit with the reflector on it.u may b able to rig something.

7g not hot at all .do u even grow or are you task force acting like u know? they do get hot,they produce pretty but airy bud(if used to flower),no penetration.don't steer the guy wrong acting like u know what your talking about.thank you flaboy.u know whats up.i was told i couldn't cool a 400 hps in my box.listen to some in here but aparently not all.

I use Floras and CFL's,,and I dont have a heat problem,,,BUT,,,BUTTTT,,that aint cause they dont put off heat,,cause they do,,I have my closet well ventalated(170 CFM) and very stong fan moving air constantly from outside to inside the closet. I keep my Temp in the House at 75,,MY growroom temp stays at around 78-80,,except at night were it gets down to 68. (I have a temp gage that I( can check what the High and Low temps for the any given period) thats how I know.Without that Ventalation,,you will have temps well over 80,,,I KNOW from experince,,believe me. Now with that said,,I know nothing about HIDs except that they will burn the piss outta ya if you grab the bulb are any part of it. I can put my hands on my Flors(T5s) and CFL's and they dont burn my hand. So,,I dint see how an HID can be as cool as Floras and CFL's if one isnt hot enough to burn your hand,,and the other(HIDs) will burn you bad. From what I have seen at the Hydro Store(setup with things growing),,there is no way I could keep my closet cool with (my existing) setup using 600 watts of Lighting. Plus I dont have the money to buy new lighting,,anyway.Would love to have this setup though. MH/HPS/T5 setup. It is very cool. http://www.reefinmates.co.za/lighting_mh_t5_combo.htm

D.W.FAAMER said:
get the little screw in thing that turn one socket to two and screw it in.but it won't fit with the reflector on it.u may b able to rig something.

yep u can find those any where wal mart, home depot ,lowes they cost anywhere form 1$-2$.ALso walmart sells 2 types mof reflectors one bigger then the other and u can screw those y adapters in and use 2 bulb in the reflector cant fidn the link but Thebrothersgrunt had posted a wally world set up with what i am talking about;)

CowboyBudsky said:
Now with that said,,I know nothing about HIDs except that they will burn the piss outta ya if you grab the bulb are any part of it. I can put my hands on my Flors(T5s) and CFL's and they dont burn my hand. So,,I dint see how an HID can be as cool as Floras and CFL's if one isnt hot enough to burn your hand,,and the other(HIDs) will burn you bad.

Well, it is because the heat of the fluoro tubes is disbursed over a large area while the heat from the HID bulb is concentrated in a small space.

I aint touchen this. Done made that mistake with Hick,,aint goen there with you HG.

Honestly brother, you need about 500x more light for a grow than you have there.

Man, hate to be the first to say it...

Good.

Now go get some good fans and you may be set.

..also, it wont hurt to bring the plants to the light, or vice versa.

okay. right now its got a fan on it and its about 2 feet away from the clones. the yoyo pulley things that they use to go up and down arnt working properly...so im gonna have to make my own. so ill bring the light i little closer. anyone know whats good soil stricty for ganja that will work well? MG SUCKS.

The best thing to hang your lights are chains and s hooks.

For soil these have worked well. Try to stay away from soil that has a ton of food in it, as overfeeding becomes extremely easy.

I recommend getting the following:

Sunshine Mix #4 Great soil. Most PROFESSIONAL growers prefer sunshine mix.

PowerFlower (brown Bag) great for topping off in mid flower. DO NOT USE ALONE. I only use as an mendment and have seen many a grow go south due to folks growing in strictly power flower and nothing else.

Latest posts

Back