Help Needed What are They

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldgeezer

Reaction score
If any one can give me a hand would greatly appreciated it.
I have just started growing have been at it for less than a year.
I started from seeds but all of my new plants I have been taking clones from a mother plant. The last clones that i took were on Sept 17 from a White Widow which I grew from seed. Up until now i have not had any problem with this but the last 6 clone that i took shortly after transplanting them on Oct 9 two of them on a 18 hour light day seem to be producing flowers like an auto flower would. The pictures that I am submitting are not the best but hope they will do. In short how in the heck can a White Widow go from normal to auto flower

Image10162012164828.jpg

Image10162012164851.jpg

Image10162012164917.jpg

The clone was from a mother plant that had been 18hr light since it was a seed. any other questions cause i am totally puzzled. The white hairs sure look like females.

Well if you cloned it from a female then of course are females. You are sure your timers are working fine? I am stumped.

There are 4 other clones taken at the same time that are doing fine. Any One Please got any wild idea

Not sure why it would be expressing an auto flower trait but maybe switch your veg to 24-0 and see if it sorts itself out? Jmo

Yeah, like Hamster said, you need to have all vegging plants in 24hr light. MJ doesn't need to be in any dark periods unless it is being induced to flower.

Did you have them in any dark time or low level lighting when you were cloning them? Once they have reached sexual maturity, The flowering hormones are presently available and could be activated by fairly unsuspected variables. Even things like having good lighting that has changed internally to project more light that is in an unusable spectrum to the plant than usable. This light to our eyes can seem to be just fine, but to the plant there is very low light level, which will cause it to switch to flowering as soon as it get its roots. If you have your timers set wrong without realizing it, you could be giving the plants closer to 13-14hrs instead of the 18-24 that they need to stay in veg.

It is possible for the plants to have aquired a genetic anomoly that causes them to act like an autoflowering plant to a degree that would be enough to cause your situation, BUUT, it is more likely that there is something that has been overlooked as human error happens easier than surviivable genetic anomolies. :)

I think they are just stressed out and if you do what Hamster said you will be ok.

Not to sure about Hush's theory :confused:

Even things like having good lighting that has changed internally to project more light that is in an unusable spectrum to the plant than usable. This light to our eyes can seem to be just fine, but to the plant there is very low light level, which will cause it to switch to flowering as soon as it get its roots.

As I have used incandescent bulbs during power outages in my veg room to keep them from stressing/flowering. ime

Tanks Mucho Will take a few more as the plants get older. Sure is nice to know that some of you oldtimers in growing can also get puzzled. This site has been of more and better help then the other two i have tried. Please kept up the good work

Latest posts

Back