Help w/Clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColBlake

Reaction score
Just picked up two Sour Diesel clones. After a few days, I noticed immediately the leaves are turning yellow quickly and turning upwards. I gave it a little water after planting but not enough to warrant this. It's now been a week and the leaves continue to turn yellow. Anyone know what the problem is? The green is fading away...:confused: also, roots are not yet visible from the cube.

Thanks in Advance

well. i don't know the health of the clones when you picked them but i assume they were rooted in the cube? or were they just trimmmed and stuck in cube and handed to you? WEre the cubes ph nutralized prior to sticking the clone in them? what size cube?

DO NOT PULL the CLONE OUT OF THE CUBE. you are stuck with what ya got.

yellowing of leaves is somewhat normal. however. rooting compound helps a lot prior to stickin in the cube. was any used? are you watering with FRESH water?

i would use distilled or ph adjusted. NO nutes for first couple weeks. are they getting more light than what they were being exposed too? sometimes going to less lumens can really stress a plant.

Do you have them in a humidity dome? i don't use one but i have my own home built bubble cloner and i get a lot of humidy without the dome. I would foiar feed with super thrive as i know it helps. Hit them once a day with it. you can get that at wal mart.

hopefully one makes it. if it does, veg it for a few weeks, then build a bubble cloner, then butcher it into like as many clones as you can and then you'll have Sour Diesel for eva.

best of luck

clones.jpg

what environment? lights? temps? i would make sure its not to wet...until thereis roots they wont take any from the cube. i would do like allgrownup suggests.

I picked them up at a local dispensary. Never had an issue with the leaves turning yellow so quickly. Just seems odd...is there nothing I can do? And yes they are in the growing cube and in soil.

Thanks

Yeah you may be able to save them. Help us help you
Lyfr
what environment? lights? temps? i would make sure its not to wet...until thereis roots they wont take any from the cube. i would do like allgrownup suggests.

Like Lyfr said we need this info to better understand what environment there in. As something a little as the light above it making it to hot can make big problems if not fixed quickly.

If the clones have many roots then you should transplant asap and give growth nutes as they are starving for Nitrogen. The yellowing could also be normal as the roots grow. Showing a good sign that the clones are using up available nutrients that where supplied to them prior to you getting them. Foliar feed with superthrive as this will help. Its highly concentrated to a little goes a long way. Dilute to 1ml per gallon of ph adjusted water. If there are no roots yet put under a humidity dome there cheap and only cost a couple bucks.

hmmmm not much you can really do except make sure the growing environment is optimum and cross yer fingers.

again, yellowing is common and some strains fair better than others. I'm not familiar with that strain (growing) so idk.

i think at this point one would have to ask, how many fan leaves are left, and will they root prior to using up all the energy stored in the leafs.

its kinda a race now man.

maybe post some pics if ya can. if you feel your in full resuscitation mode, than i would say flush cube with distilled water. mayb be high ph. and put in direct light. i don't think putting in soil is necessary but??? just not how i do maybe someone else does that with success?idk.

you can see by my pic above, light does not have to be strong.(2 cfls) but going to less light than what the plant is accustomed to will create problems

i've got clones rooted in my window sills in natural light as well. i just make sure to change the water every other day. just cut clone after third node or so and stick in mason jar and put in direct sunlight. just soaking in cup. thats it. i rarely loose a clone unless i forget abou thtem or somethin. which is why the bubble cloner is so nice.

clones2.JPG

clones.JPG

Closet grow, under a 26 watt T-5 24-7.
Roots not visible prior to planting.

Here's a couple pics.

DSC00538.JPG

DSC00537.JPG

ouch:eek: they look like their burnin up,but with 1 CFL and no nutes how can that be...hmmm...no clue unless you got some hot soil. cross your fingers and hope for the best. you might want to do a full flush as stated unless you got time release fert soil,then you'll just increase nutes.

upon closer look, i have better luck with only 1 growth shoot per plant...less to support till roots develop. i'm not sure that would cause what u got goin but i'm sure it doesnt help. as long as they are still green they got a chance. i would probably cut off leaves that are mostly gone/dried...but thats just me

did you make/mix that soil/dirt yourself? whats in it? steer manure?

i'd flush and continue to monitor. is there new growth or you not noticing any new growth? personally, i'd leave the leaves on until the plant has sucked all the energy out of them completely. you can cut the dry parts off as suggested but DONT cut those big fan leaves cuz the tips are dry/dead. save as much green as you can.

just let them go and DO not fert/nute yet until your sure they're going to make it.

they look like they may still make it. i'd let the dispensary know that your havin problems with them as well. that way they can monitor if others are or maybe replace if there really Kind.

I've had the same problem with my clones. I can't say for certain, but I think that in my case the Fox Farms potting soil was too nutrient rich, and as a result, many leaves suffered from nutrient burn.

Here is what I did to save them:

1) When I watered, I did so completely so as to flush. I waited until the soil dried fairly thoroughly and then flushed again.

2) I kept them under fluorescent lighting only

In short order, they started to grow like mad, and the damaged leaves fell off on their own. In two weeks, they've grown from 3"-4" to well over 12"-14".

Hang tight and best of luck,

GD

I use for soil what I always use. Fox Farm Ocean Forest and purified water.

Latest posts

Back