Help with clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think misting depends on where you lived. Like Rosebud, I live in a very arid place and if I did not have a dome and mist, my clones would never make it.

I live in 12% humidity. I have to do that..

:shocked: 12% I never ever in my life seen anything less than 30-35% on my scale... jeez i would imagine that a person would require 3L per day to remain healthily hydrated... a nice idea would me to have a sort of a thick rug or towels to hold some water inside that dome for longer? i think i would add some automation, a little pump that feeds some fabric that retains water all around the dome walls and make a drain back to the water res just like the evaporative cooling methods... only an idea 12 % omg i know nothing about those levels... but it now makes sense how seasoned growers can still have a hard time cloning.

12%. I see 50 and up. Don't think I've ever seen 12%.

so...plasma, do you actually have any plants or clones? or is this more a fact hunting mission like the molasses thread?

The molasses thread was about feeding M outdoor plants molasses. My partner wants to over do it. He was talking like 8oz 5 gallon water. Lol. I hope I can keep him from doing that. He thinks molasses is the secret ingredient to thick tasty buds. I don't think it is.

its not. if you seriously want to learn what effects the plants the most...
Nelson's 6th ed. Greenhouse Operation and Management. I'm sure you can find it used cheap somewhere.

Hey umbra, what is the highest density and smallest pots you would use for sea of green with sour diesel, blueberryxheadband and alien og?

:shocked: 12% I never ever in my life seen anything less than 30-35% on my scale... jeez i would imagine that a person would require 3L per day to remain healthily hydrated... a nice idea would me to have a sort of a thick rug or towels to hold some water inside that dome for longer? i think i would add some automation, a little pump that feeds some fabric that retains water all around the dome walls and make a drain back to the water res just like the evaporative cooling methods... only an idea 12 % omg i know nothing about those levels... but it now makes sense how seasoned growers can still have a hard time cloning.

This is my vegging space

View attachment 017-1.jpg

Reactions: zem
So do 1 Gallon pots not work well? I'm all for growbags or air pots. So if I fill a space with 1 gallon bags am I liable to get more than I would with 5gallon bags? Less per plant but more plants?

Or do you think the 5s are the way to go? I've got enough clones for either. But we are flipping em shortly after transplant. If everything transitions well.

I use air pots and like them. I just found that the bags were cheaper and easier to use. Yield from my experience, is all about root development so a bigger root mass in a 5 gal container will usually out yield a plant with a root mass in a 1 gal container.

Cloning methods can vary to some extent and still have great success. The key is matching the method to the environment and plant strain. I typically use a bubbleponic cloner for my cuttings. I live in a fairly humid area so between the mid level humidity and the humidity given off by the bubble cloner, I don't have to worry about using a dome or misting the cuttings. I did find that I have my best results when I have my cloner in an enclosed space where I can control the temps (maintain 78-80f and 70%rh). I found that my best results with cloning came when I use a 4' T5 in the yellow "flower" spectrum about 18-24" above the plants.
Its my understanding from "Clark" that the key to rooting is to "pause" the veg function within the cutting and encourage the "rooting" function with the help of rooting hormones. Pausing the "veg" function can be done in a couple ways. If the plant is placed in low light or light that will feed the existing leaves without encouraging the production of growth hormones (flowering spectrum light seems to work well for that in my experience) then the growth will cease, or "pause". Cutting the larger leaves away or in half will help to reduce the growth hormone as well. I think it also causes the "pause and repair" function to kick in as well, which is something we see when using High stress training to slow the upward growth of a vegging plant.
I recommend the use of rooting hormone gel or powder as this can only help in the rooting process. Some strains will root far more easily than others, thus the reason for success with cloning in just clean water.

I watch for the cuttings(when cloning in rooters or medium) to begin growing from the very top as a sign that the rooting is well under way. I don't add any feeding until I am certain that I have significant root growth, and then I feed lightly for the first week to get the roots used to the chems. Good luck all who clone. You have reached the next level of growing :)

So bb x hb all made it. Haven't lost any. The other strains ate ****. No roots. I think its because of splitting the stem 4 ways instead of simply in half. Cut at 45 then cut up into the bottom a little. Maybe that is not good? The ones cut in half all made it. Tray of 25. The sour diesels and alien ogs didn't work.

I doubt that splitting the stem 4 ways had anything to do with them not rooting. some strains just root a lot faster and easier than others.

Latest posts

Back