help with droopers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdchmpn

Reaction score
Hey-
Iam kinda new to this. I have noticed that my big leaves are drooping alot tonight. They started doing it a little last night but not like this. It was pretty hot in the closet when i fist noticed it like this today. I gave it a little water last night but the soil is completley dry to about 1" down. does it need more water? thanks for your help!

CIMG28141.jpg

Sounds like you answered your own question... if it's hot in there then you have a problem. The heat is causing the droopieness. If the soil is damp beneath that top layer then don't water.

When you do water pick up the pot and note the weight, then check it every day until its' completely dry and pick it up.. note the weight then.

Note the number of days it takes to dry out and by lifting the pots you are double checking so you don't over water, and you give the roots time to dry.

ok cool thanks. i think the heat was definatly an issue i left the door cracked today...i guess the vetalation system will be added tonight. :D
...on the watering note...so i would not keep the soil slightly damp all the time? from what you said it sounds like i should only water about 2-3 days when it has really dried out. I have been lettin the soil get dry up to the first knuckle on my finger. under that depth it has been just noticably moist......
thanks for the help!:)

In soil you always want to run a wet and dry cycle, this encourages root growth, and discourages bad things from growing in your soil. This also facilitates the transfer of fresh O2, to your roots when you water.
You need to keep the soil environment oxygen rich so that you won't get root rot and other problems that come along with over watering.

Latest posts

Back