help with pests please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvester

old dog with new tricks
Reaction score
ok here it is ive never seen a roach in my grow area ive seen them in the kitchen but today i found a baby cockroach sitting on one of my budlets i got it off (they are fast) and havent seen others but if there is one then there is a million. will they eat my plant ? and how can i safely get rid of them im in the 2nd week of flower

i always line the edges of my G-room wit some good ol ant/roach powder and aint never seen neither since

I don't think roaches will eat your plants but like you said, where there is one, there are many many more. You may want to get some poison to try and eliminate your problems. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Yeah, you don't have much to worry about with a roach. They live inside peoples house really to eat like food, i don't think they're vegetational insects, but then again i'm not a roach expert either.

i wouldn't worry about it, but i'd def get them out of my house lol.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

smokybear said:
I don't think roaches will eat your plants but like you said, where there is one, there are many many more. You may want to get some poison to try and eliminate your problems. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.
then i poison my plants how bout if i spray them down with that organic nemoil stuff thats used to get rid of mites

fight the roaches away from your plants,there cAnt be that many on them. put a protective barrier of "poison" around your plant room/box. spraying anything on plants is a last resort.IMO

Hi guys, I found this on the net, surprisingly interesting.

Q8: What is the best, non-toxic way to kill cockroaches? I have a five-year-old boy and a pet rat that get into everything.

A: I often tell people that I am not interested in killing cockroaches but rather learning about their life style and physiology. I realize however that most people are more interested in killing them since they are pests in their houses and can contribute to spreading disease in hospitals and childhood asthma in the home.
Beware of most commercial preparations, even those that depend upon the 'natural' insect juvenile hormone. Since these are relatively slow acting, the manufacturers often add a 'knock-down' additive poison which gratifies the user since it provides visual proof that the treatment works when it comes in direct contact with the pest. Read the label of whatever poison you use.
I have come across several methods of killing cockroaches that are non-toxic to humans:
(1) Boric Acid. The crystals of boric acid are sharp and get between the joints of an insect's exoskeleton. The sharp crystals abrade the cuticle and make the cockroach lose water and die of dehydration. This is a simple and cheap method. Dust the boric acid (which is relatively non-toxic) around the corners of rooms and in hiding places frequented by the roaches. A more expensive industrial version of this method is called Permadust. It is finely ground ruby dust which performs the same function as boric acid crystals but is more permanent. Boric acid washes away when you want to get rid of it. You will find the dried carcasses of cockroaches in various hiding places as well as out in the open where they marched their last step searching for water.
(2) Live Traps. Take a bowl or wide mouth bottle with steep sides; lightly Vaseline the inside wall up to the lip so that a cockroach can not climb up the slippery surface; place the bowl in a typical hiding place such as under your kitchen sink; place some food (bread, carrots, etc.) in the bowl as well as some toweling dampened with water; build some ramps up to the lip on the outside with paper toweling to encourage the cockroaches to easily enter the bowl. This trap will quickly overnight accumulate a good sample of your household cockroach population. Flush them down the toilet each morning for sanitary disposal. Soon the cockroach population will be quite low and perhaps undetectable by you.

The full article is here, change the XX to TT

hxxp://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/cockroach_faq.html

Latest posts

Back