help with Yellow spotted leafs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JollyFarm

Reaction score
Hello! im having some major issues with my indoor plants. A week or so back i discoverd that i have thirps. I have bought some cure for that but the leafs are just keep getting worse and worse. In the begining there were only a couple of leafs turning yellow at the bottom. My first idea was that it was low on N. but later i discovered yellow tips with brownis spots on it. I cant seem to find the anwser to my question alone so im asking you guys on MP to help me

Here are some pics of a leaf.

.... and for some reason i cant up load the pics..

Well you get the picture more or less. Any help i needed.
Thanks,

That is unfortunately tricky without pics. It sounds like the thrips have done significant damage and it is going to continue to show as that damage will not repair itself. However, depending on what you used to combat the thrips, you could have leaf burn from chems on the leaves causing light burn, or you could have a pH issue in the medium ffrom drenching with the chemical, or you could have a chemical binding that has locked out some of the nutrients.

So what medium are you in?
Are you certain it was thrips?
What did you use to combat them and how much? What method?
What is your feeding/watering schedule?
what do you use for nutrients?
How old is the plants? how big?

If you are using a desktop or laptop computer, you should be able to resize your pics with an onboard program like MS paint so that you can upload them. If you are working from a phone, you will have to change the format of the pics to something like jpeg or an Adobe pdf format. I hope this helps :)

Jolly farm, you are in good hands with Hushpuppy, he knows his stuff and is nice enough to help others...

I wonder too what you used to get the thrips? Keep trying with the pictures. I us Paint to resize them. Welcome, by the way!

here we go!
Thanks for the quick respod!
AS a medium we are using soil, a light mix. dont know the exakt brand though.

I think it was thirps, because it had the black spots on the leafs and when i asked on rollitup.org and they said it was thirps. I saw a little larva that was moving along one of the leafs, small light yellowish.

As a method to fight them i used pyrethrum in the soil 3 times under 10 days and we sprayed underneath the leafs with it too probably 3 times.

We water them every 2-3 days depending on their wight. and we feed them with Bio Bloom, pure enzym and recently started with Bio Grow like 3 weeks in to flowering.
As of today they are more or less weeks old and 5 of them are in flowering.

The close up is a bit blurry, so if u need i try and fix a sharper one.
Thanks

View attachment bild (1).JPG

View attachment bild (2).JPG

View attachment Thirps (2).JPG

View attachment Thirps.JPG

You've got Thrips bad bro, hammer them till dead,,,keep changing the brand also, they build up immunities to it.

Yeah that little larva certainly looks like a Thrip. I found that Azamax works quite well to eliminate them and it is natural and biodegradable. All off the little brown(necrotic)spots are most likely from the damage done by the thrips as they suck out the juice from the leaf in spots.

That yellowing is very typical off nitrogen deficiency. Some people will cut off the nitrogen quickly when switching to flower, and that can cause some plants to go into deficiency as some plants are nutrient hogs. Also if you have been fighting a damaging issue while in veg/flower transition, the plants are still trying to repair damage. If the "grow" nutrients are cut off while this is happening, it can very often cause the plant to pull nitrogen from the lower fan leaves to make repairs.

It means that the plant has a nutrient deficiency or it is not getting enough water. Magnesium and nitrogen deficiency also exhibit a yellowing and interveinal chlorosis beginning in the older leaves.

Best of luck with the Pests

only def, I can see is a lack of Nitro

Avid is not a Kill All be done either. Don't be fooled

gotta say yes you have/had thrips.. but i don't feel they're causing the problem you're showing.
that doesn't look like thrip damage to me, more an unbalance of something..
unfortunately what exactly, i don't know :(

Latest posts

Back