Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyDarko

Reaction score
basically I wanted to know what you guys use to water your plants. ex. spray bottle, watering can

I was also just wondering how big your plants are, and how often you need to water them because I have 3 babies that broke soil about 10 days ago and im using about 250 mL of water mixed with a very diluted solution of root simulator with a spray bottle about every 36 hours. Does this sound about right to you guys or are there any suggestions?

PS. are there any tell tale signs of a plant needing to be watered other than wilting leaves.

thank you very much, any help is appreciated greatly.

well there a couple of things you have to consider when your watering. you have to look at size of the pot they are in, how big the plant is. but for the seedlings that you talking of enough to wet the area around the root a few inches down should be plenty then as it grows it will need more and then again it depends in my veg pots (3gal=12qt) i use 2 qts of water and its just enough to have a little drainage. then in my flower pots(5gal=20qt) i use a half gallon to water with and there is again very little drainage. and what i get back in drainage i **** up with a turkey baster and toss out, my thought on this is if the plant was outdoor the ground would just let the water soak up till it was gone, so i remove the excess

spraying seedlings only with water the first 10-11 days,then transplant to bigger pots for the next 15-20 days and watering every 3-4 days even 5-whenever the soil gets dry

Like Jash said, spray the seedlings. Once I transplanted mine, I alternated between watering with a watering can, and "bottom watering" in which you take your pots and set them in an inch or two deep water bath and let them drink from the bottom. Just another option to try. Check Out Mine here. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19000

Best of luck to you,
Cam:bong1:

kk thanks guys for the advice. so ill spary around the seedlings enough to soak a few inches down for a bit then ill try giving them a good watering every 3-4 days. i just didnt know u ould wait that long. i thought theyd die or something.

oh ps: im growing lowryder #2 so i dunno if that changes the watering really. and thanks cam*. so no matter how big my seedlings are, if i put the pots in about 2 inches of water will it automatically **** up what it needs? or do they have to be a certain size or something to reach the water. cause that method soudns great. they drin kwhat they need.

Latest posts

Back