Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizquick

Reaction score
I started off my grow thinking that my plants could be 7ft tall by in all reality my plant can be only 5ft tall... a little more or less. So my problem is that when i started flowering them a week ago they were 1 and 1/2ft tall and now my tallest girl is already 3 ft tall and has only been flowering for a week. How much more will she grow before harvest? Would some form of LST be possible? I dont know much about it besides what i read in the other posts. My only concern with LST is wether or not my plants will go into shock. any help would be great

thanks

They could very probably grow another foot and a half in the next week, and then stretching should stop.

I reckon they'll end up between 4 and half and 5 foot high. I wouldn't LST while flowering.

i just started LSTing mine today and they are in flowering. its crazy at how fast they respond. tied them down this morning and by this evening all the tops were turned up right. How can low stress training hurt your plant during flowering? if you bend it over a little at a time will it still hurt it?

As plants enter the flowering stage, your first 2 weeks are known as the strech phase. Depending on which strain your growing will determine the amount they could stretch. It's safe to say that plant's will generally stretch between 100% to 300% before the stretch phase is done and they finally start focusing mainly on bud production. I normally start reducing my nitrogen at this point by about half, i find that this reduces the stretch phase at least in my experiances. Good luck and keep us posted, any pics or strain info would be great! Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

slowmo77 said:
i just started LSTing mine today and they are in flowering. its crazy at how fast they respond. tied them down this morning and by this evening all the tops were turned up right. How can low stress training hurt your plant during flowering? if you bend it over a little at a time will it still hurt it?

Lst during flower can hurt because the plant will spend energy repairing the the trauma area (turning their tops up) in a time when it needs to be directing its energy towards producing flowers...alot of chemical changes are occuring...thats a technical reason. A practical reason would be, and this isnt mentioned much, Lst early gives the plant a much longer time to develop...meaning, the branches will be growing in a more verticle direction,..making a stronger base. If you start bending plants over in flower, the branches stay more horizontal, stressing the plant even more (because they are trying to turn upward) and causing a support problem as they become heavy with resin-laden buds. Hope that makes sense, biz.

geez slowmo...don't mean to play mr. corrector guy with you..guess your just pitchin to my wheelhouse today..lol

Smoke on...

I have to say that I do not really agree with that littlenode.

thats cool mass...I'm just saying that if you truly Lst, that means continually bending the plant and manipulating it. This is not good to do in flower. If you are simply bending the plant a little to gain a few inches of headroom, i get that. I'll post some pics tonight.

Smoke on...

true, I would never start an all out Lst, 2 weeks into flowering, but if you have ever grown SCRoG it is kind of cool, because all of the bondage mixed with the redistributionof hormones, I find, makes the plants want to grow like crazy. But i agree, i would never start lsting really a day after the stretch has started, unless it is going to be needed

Latest posts

Back