1. Bud of the Month: moontang by bodhi grown by Smackaddict
    Dismiss Notice

Hemp pollination

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Growing' started by ColoradoLady, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Oct 3, 2018 #1

ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady

Is anyone besides Colorado having the new hemp fields pollinating female crops? Our entire county is seeded by uneducated hemp farmers. Not only are we all pissed, they seeded the thousands of acres of female clone hemp fields also. Our Senator told me lost a ton of $$$ on his hemp fields. Some of mine were so heavily seeded had to be thrown in a pile and burned.

Rosebud likes this.
  2. Oct 3, 2018 #2

thegloman

thegloman

thegloman

I have wild hemp here that pollinates my good cannabis every year outside. Only real use sometimes is bubble hash if there's enuff volume.
    Although, I'm fairly sure hemp seed oil can be used in biodiesel fuel.
    Sounds like you have pharmers who need to be educated.

3. Oct 4, 2018 #3

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hi CL, so nice to see you again. What a stupid problem... can hemp pollinate cannabis?

4. Oct 4, 2018 #4

umbra

umbra

umbra

Yes hemp can pollenate cannabis

5. Oct 4, 2018 #5

ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady

I do have thousands of Blue Dream/Hemp seeds. Also AK47/Hemp, Liberty Haze/Hemp and Chronic/Hemp seeds. If anyone wants to try to breed a high CBd Hemp plant with a high THC kick they're yours.

And hello Rosebud....been away for awhile. Nice to hear from you.

Rosebud likes this.
  6. Oct 5, 2018 #6

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

They are starting to grow hemp in Oregon, so I am somewhat concerned about this, too, especially as I am out in the middle of farm country. I was on the grand jury for the month of Sept and one of my fellow jurors is going to be growing (acres of) hemp next year to make CBD oil. Although they will use fem seeds, he talked about the (herculean) task of trying to keep any errant males out of the crops. I anticipate that the more hemp is grown, the more we will see of this problem.

While many people want their cannabis to have as high a THC content as possible, the older I get, the more I get into CBD strains. I search for strains that are at least 1:1, on up to 20:1 (Candida). It could be that these seeds will result in plants with a nice CBD level while still having enough THC for a little high. I would be up for trying some of these--not necessarily to breed, but just for a (potentially) high CBD content. I have considered growing a couple of high CBD hemp plants for my sister who is very sensitive to THC. I also have friends and family that can't handle the high THC levels that I can, but would like to use CBD for pain relief. In fact, these could result in plants that are great for those who are using cannabis for the first time and have no tolerance to THC. While it really sucks that you had seeded plants, I wouldn't think of the seeds as useless or garbage.

ColoradoLady likes this.
  7. Oct 5, 2018 #7

ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady

8. Oct 5, 2018 #8

ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady

Hello sorry you're getting hemp in Oregon. It will be a hugh mess. I have not been able to learn the Hemp strain they used. My strains, all HEAVILY seeded, are:

Double Bubba
    Bubba Kush x chem dog High CBD

Blue Dream
    Blueberry X Haze

Liberty Haze
    G13 x Chem Dog

Super Nova
    Critical

AK47 x Haze

Blissful Wizard
    Girl Scout Cookies x Capts Cookies High THC and Hash plant winner

If you see anything you'd like to try message me. All seeded with same unknown Hemp strain. Don't know how to private message here. Sorry Carolyn