Hermie help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insomniace

Reaction score
Whats up green thumbs! Here it the question.... I have one lowryder #2 (21 days ) that is showing the hermie traits ( i think ). It has the white pistils on it top internode and one male sack on the internode below it. I have 3 other females with it. Can I just remove the male flower and let it grow with the other females? I plan on making seeds with one of the females, should I use this one? Thanks all!

:postpicsworthless: :lama: dont let hermie produce bad traits passed along to seeds. show us some pics!

Actually you can fix that hermie ... you need to buy Dr Leafminer's special hermdoc solution no. 9.
And if you believe that, you might believe that removing a male flower and letting it pollute the females is the right thing to do!

ya man... don't go killing anything off prematurely... it takes a while for a male to drop his pollen... he's gotta drop his balls first... and even then it takes a while, so don't go rushing into anything yet... you might be mistaken. ;)

u listen to the 'ol man, now.... :cool:

whats wrong with hermie? Please explain im a first timer.

a hermaphrodite plant (a tranny) is one that shows traits of both sexes... this is bad cuz it can pollinate the whole grow and give seed that pass on this bad trait

leafminer said:
Actually you can fix that hermie ... you need to buy Dr Leafminer's special hermdoc solution no. 9.
And if you believe that, you might believe that removing a male flower and letting it pollute the females is the right thing to do!

So even if you remove the male ball of the hermie you will still possibly pollinate the plants? Huh?
I only have 4 plants and will be watching them closely. If I can produce decent bud off the plant and remove the male flowers, is it worth it? Or is it impossible? I have never dealt with a hermie before. This is my second grow.

buddy... I'm telling you... hold yer horses... like you said... this is yer second grow... you need to get some pictures up of your plants, and we can tell you if you have a problem....

I just find it so funny that I've grown thousands of plants for... my whole life... and I've never had a hermie... it's either been male or female... that's it... they grow differently... get some pictures up and let's have a look....

That crazy vancouver guy said:
I just find it so funny that I've grown thousands of plants for... my whole life... and I've never had a hermie... it's either been male or female... that's it... they grow differently... get some pictures up and let's have a look....

Ok, I will try to get some pictures on here soon. I read somewhere that the lowyrders have about 17% hermies. I'm just a little anxious to figure out since they are autoflower and grow so quick.

..you say you are planning to make seeds?.. I certainly would NOT risk polluting my seeds with hermie pollen. "IF" it is a hermie, get it out of there "yesterday".. or toss all of the seeds you produce into the trash. As you will never know if they are fathered by the "he-she" or not.

i agree with hick.get it outASAP.no sense in taking a chance on ruining your whole crop with a hermie.if it has pistils and balls,theres no doubt about it being hermie.kill it now.move it gently out of the grow area and after u kill it make sure to clean up yourself before handling your other plants.jmo

are you sure you saw the male sack on your LR buds? If I was you I will separate that from other females then wait and see for SURE!!

if it is male sacks for real... kill it... dont do any crossing with natural hermies

but like other members advised you.. show us the pic to be sure!! then we will tell you the confirmation !!! for REAL.. I won't miss any hermies myself!!

Latest posts

Back