hermie seed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
can a hermie produce seed without producing pollen?
the reason i ask is i have one "used to be,i think:eek: " female which is producing seed but i can see no pollen sacks anywhere!
they`re all in week 5 flower and it only seems to be this one female,a different strain from the rest, which has seed in the bud.
i think i may have used seed from a pollinated female, which was pollinated by a hermie. could this produce a plant which will produce seed without being pollinated?
i only noticed this as i thought the hairs were turning dark-rusty, only on the one plant.
need some help here man, do i remove it incase it jeopordises the rest of the grow, grow it out or what? need some help from the pro`s here i think,no disrespect to all others:) but anyone with an informed oppinion please respond.
cheers dudes and dudettes,
:lama: -Shuggy-:lama: :confused2:

from what i understand..

hermie seeds = hermie plants

so your female probably started out as a hermie seed or some how
got pollenated..

IMO: i would move that plant.. away from the others..
Believe me.. them freaking Sacks grow and open over night...
they are sneaky little devils..

yeah you got it right man, "it" was pollinated by a hermie but, can a plant create seed without pollen being in the equasion? i`ve checked and checked and i can see no sacks, or signs of the presence of pollen.
and all the others are great

From the pictures ive seen..

Hermies looks like the BUDS form first, then
the balls under the buds.

Thats what I see from hermie pictures.. Looks like the buds were
growing alittle while, then little balls grows underneath.

Dont risk it.. a ball pop out and open.. you gonna hate yourself,
and so will your ladies. letting a take advantage of them..

but i see seed now without the balls dude, this is a head-pickler man.
it all comes down to removing it or letting it grow out with the rest...
yeah your probably right, not worth the risk if balls do appear.
thanks for the speedy response man.

can a hermie produce seed without producing pollen?
nope....
I have seen "'nanners" in forming buds that were very difficult to distinguish

This could be pollen from another source. Pollen can travel many many miles on the wind. Pollen can be and occasionally is brought in through outside ventilation vents.

if your asking about if seeds from a hermie ARE hermie, then no. the genes are not the same like asexual reproduction, although it would probably have a higher chance of have the hermie gene. not guaranteed though. the only way to GUARANTEE a hermie is to take cuttings from it.

keep blazin

Hermaphrodites are generally viewed with disfavor. First, they will release pollen and ruin a crop, pollinating themselves and all of the other females in the room. Second, the resulting seeds are worthless, because hermaphrodite parents tend to pass on the tendency to their offspring.

Latest posts

Back