hermies are taking over! help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindseyf

Reaction score
im just starting out and im using seeds. every plant thats flowering has seeds but i never saw any male flowers, everything had pistils coming out of it. im sooo confused.... what am i missn?

You will have to look really close at the top buds(the buds at the top of each stem) and look for very tiny yellow things that look almost like miniature banannas. We call them "nanners". They pop up in plants that either have had too much stress during flowering, or they came from hermie seeds that were produced from someone else having stressed their plants into herming and then pollinating itself. The little nanners are hard to find sometimes and will pollinate the plant before you ever see any.

Was your seed from a bag of smoke? or did you buy these seeds? don't reuse the seeds that came out of the bud that you harvested unless you know without doubt that they were pollinated by another male plant and not hermies.

I don't know if you know this or not but during the flowering period, you really have to maintain light discipline during the dark period or you can cause hermies from light stress. And sometimes it doesn't take much intrusion by light to cause it. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. We are happy to help you any way we can. :)

"one speck of viable pollen + one viable pistil = one seed"..:(

dsc03521.jpg

yeah i need to be better about light getting into the flowering box. im bothered that on just about every plant in vege they have a couple little nodes coming out on the actual node on the branches under the first set of female preflowers. they dont look like balls though, kinda like little leaves

Where did you get your seeds? I am guessing that you are using bagseed and that is the cause of your hermies. When you find seeds in bags that should be sensimillian, they are most likely the result of the plant selfing. When this happens the hermie gene can become a dominant gene and the resulting seeds have a far greater chance of hermying, even without any kind of stress conditions. If the seeds you have vegging now came from the same source, most likely you are going to have the same problems.

If this is the case, the only real answer is starting over with quality genetics and cleaning all your spaces very well to get rid of any residual hermie pollen.

Latest posts

Back