hermies hermies everywhere!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bella420

Hippy Peace Lovin Chica
Reaction score
ok so I kinda knew something was up when I got so many "females" lol no one can get that lucky and yes they all hermed out on me. Never EVER use bagseed of any kind if u want quality so i ended up yanking them all. Hmmm time to get some quality beans... :)

yes...Bag seed is just that my friend..nothng like good genetics from the mail..Good luck

If all of them became hermaphrodite plants, just let them grow and harvest them. Next time, buy seeds, quality seeds and NOT feminised seeds.

ya i would let it grow since theres no other females to worry. you already got time invested might aswell get something out of it. hermie budz are still budz. Imo..

the reason plants hermie at a great rate when people use seeds found in bags of bud, are because those buds that had seeds are, more than likely, because the plant that it came from hermied... hermies produce hermie seeds.... it's a no-win situation :hairpull:

people that grow pot to smoke do not intentionally seed their buds, as this takes away from yield... the reason it has seeds is cuz the plant it came from hermied.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
the reason plants hermie at a great rate when people use seeds found in bags of bud, are because those buds that had seeds are, more than likely, because the plant that it came from hermied... hermies produce hermie seeds.... it's a no-win situation :hairpull:

people that grow pot to smoke do not intentionally seed their buds, as this takes away from yield... the reason it has seeds is cuz the plant it came from hermied.

That is not 100% true. In large scale outdoor grows people sometimes either don't pull males or miss some. I have grown a few non hermie bagseed planst and some had some suprisingly good bud. Either way though good genetics is the way to go, bagseed is just to stressful for me.

ya i grow bagseeds just for practice before i spend alot of money on seeds. but you can't expect much from bagseeds. some come out really good some come out really bad. i've gotten two sensimilla from bagseeds. but alot more hermies. i definetly wouldn't try breeding with them.

i want someone to explain how a plant can be stressed into a hermie if it didn't have it in its genes to begin with..

im not asking to be a smart arse. i'd really like to understand that better.

I pulled them bc they were ready to harvest but the baby clones I had I ended up tossing. I want to sterilize my growroom b4 my beans get here so that no stray nasty lil hermie pollen remains LOL no more shims for me :)

I started Femanized Ice Cream seeds from Paradise seeds.
Do ya'll think I will have the same problem? If so that will
suck really bad.

I Eat Valium said:
I started Femanized Ice Cream seeds from Paradise seeds.
Do ya'll think I will have the same problem? If so that will
suck really bad.

femanized seeds r not bagseed.

however, there is always a possibility of a hermie if you stress a plant bad enough.

my $.02 is this.i dont think all bagseeds are definite male or hermies.i think you'll get more male/hermies than females.but i've gotten many beautiful females from midgrade bag seed.you just gotta be on your toes with getting the males/hermies outta the house as soon as you notice the nut sacks =)
none of the famales i grew from bagseed ever had a single seed in them.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
my $.02 is this.i dont think all bagseeds are definite male or hermies.i think you'll get more male/hermies than females.but i've gotten many beautiful females from midgrade bag seed.you just gotta be on your toes with getting the males/hermies outta the house as soon as you notice the nut sacks =)
none of the famales i grew from bagseed ever had a single seed in them.

Having good plants out of bagseeds is a common thing in here. Dealers just let seeds grow in soil and environment is the optimum for Cannabis plant so any bag seed has a high chance of becoming a fine, tall sativa.

true ive never had a hermie from bagseed keep my fingers crossed as i just got succesful clones outta my budding girls.. i read it was stress that makes them hermie more then anything, i aint a expert but iam a stoner/grower.. goodluck next grow.

In my couple years growing all i've ever gotten to use is bagseed...And there has always been at least 1 or 2 hermies, but never more than say 4 out of 10...say 25-35% of my grows has been hermies, but i have come across some great looking strains...and this usually being dirt, mids/regs only...but that's just in my past experience...

First time ever I tried to grow a plant I simply had it in a pot by the window.. I had so much good weed at the time I never really cared if it grows or not, Just watered it occasionally .. Lights were constantly on and off.. I had absolutely no idea plants need light schedule, ventilation, Food and so on... After a few months it grew to be a perfect female - small but lovely smelling buds and absolutely NO SEEDS...
Now that I read so much about growing weed, trying to create the perfect conditions and really spending a lot of time looking after my ladies - I end up with two hermies and a male??
Could this mean the more you stress and freak out about your plants the more they actually stress too??
Probably not... I guess it was just luck my first harvest :D
Keep growing....

Latest posts

Back