Hey do you think MJ will grow this time of year in texas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computer07

Reaction score
How bout it... is mj capable of growing in februrary in 70deg + weather?

Yes it is capable, still won't harvest till September unless you are growing auto's.

ah cool man not growing autos but just bagseed...gives my green time to get massive:hubba:

Absolutely. It won't grow very quickly and it will tend toward flower, but as you get to late March the days will be long enough to steer it back into veg, so it should finish around September, depending on strain.

Since the possibility to go into flowering is there, this could maybe be a plus too.

Can remove males early this way I would think.

Regarding the weather this year, it is good for bud growing. I am a little further north than the OP above, in NE OK.

We are having the near constant 60 and 70 degree winter this year. I'd like to see some snow to play in, perhaps next year. My kids are gettin' ripped off about the no real winter.... but anyhow, a few more tips I have found to be useful for me growing in this type of climate:

Us Texas and OK and similar area growers know, our summers get HOT and HUMID at times, and also dry at times.

I have found the intense sun to be TOO intense about maybe 10 days of the year. Intense to the point of burning my leaves to a withered ugly mess if neglected. No good!

So even if we are planting early, and by June and July our plants are pretty large, this hot hot sun can still hurt, so watch out on those days and create some shade somehow.

Sometimes it is hard to win in these summers.

It gets so hot, so your plant must be hydrated to keep from crisping, yet if you water too late in the day, there seems to be created more humidity around the plant. With this of course wants to come the droopy, shriveled leaves, as I have seen. This is another thing to watch for.

But indeed, I would even suggest starting early as in my experience, plants started too late in the year outdoors have a lesser chance to withstand those few intense sun days. Let those plants get strong!

But of course remember, we've still got some frost coming. Portable young plants is best.

Hell, it could snow all the way up in to April still.

or if you have a shed or garage you could put them in at night under cfls orfluros till spring

Good Point MOO, im going to plant a few in the ground and a few in pots...last summer i planted around july 28th and had a 8ft mj plant by october:holysheep: ...but this year i want my bud earlier, i can stand the wait easier in the summer some how...:bong:

Wouldn't advise planting in the ground this early though.

computer07 said:
Good Point MOO, im going to plant a few in the ground and a few in pots...last summer i planted around july 28th and had a 8ft mj plant by october:holysheep: ...but this year i want my bud earlier, i can stand the wait easier in the summer some how...:bong:

If they finished in October last year, they will most likely finish about the same time this year, regardless of when they are started. Outside, harvest is more determined by the amount of light and dark you have every day--actually, the shorter days and longer nights after the summer solstice signal that the plant needs to start preparing for fall and "ripen". Unless you get a strain that is a faster outside finisher, you will probably have a harvest window that is about the same as last year.

If you can check the soil temp, you will have your answer about planting now.

My sat dom outside is revegging and so I do believe that from now on should be a go.

Update: (Border country)
Not time yet. My hybrid started to reveg because I had to leave it with the reveg plants for a week or two, but now that it has been outside again a fortnight, the new veg growth has flowered. Hours are roughly 12 at the moment. Temp though, is 40C!

Latest posts

Back