hey guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreptitious

Supreme Chancellor
Reaction score
hey guys, just introducing myself. i am just starting to germinate my first batch ever. i've set up a hyrdoponic dripping system (using dripping stakes). Using an 400 watt MH bulb, which is currently running 18 hours on and 6 hours off. I've got a bag of seeds I got from a friend of mine. I figure I should start out with those. I also purchased some Ice, Crystal, and white widow from this seed bank marijuana-seeds.nl. They were on special.

I've got my little seedlings currently in root riot, in a seedling container which sits in a 4' x 4' tray that drains into the 32 gallon resevior (i'm not keeping it full, i started out with 15 gallons, we'll see how much they absorb in a week). eventually, the girls (wishful thinking) will go into plastic bucks filled with hydroton. i've got 12 buckets, but have around 17 seedlings right now.

i'm currently using General Hydroponic Nova Flora nutes. I've got them set to half strength. I've set my timer to cycle water for 15 minutes 5 times during the light time and 2 times at night. I've also got an aerating stone in the resevoir. I have made a box using PVC pipes and panda liner. The dimensions are 5' x 5' and 7' high. I also have 1 12" oscillating fan in the corner. As well as a box fan that sucks air out. The couple of questions I have is should I pump CO2 into the box? I've read that a spray bottle with carbonated water will work as well. Is that true? Also, what should the temp be in the box?

If my questions need to be in another section, please let me know.

Thanks!

:welcome: To MP Surreptitious, can't help with hydro questions I'm a soil guy myself but I'm sure if you post your questions in the Hydroponic section of the forum you'll find your answers no problem!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

If your seedlings are under 2ish weeks old mark lose the nutes they dont need them at that stage.

Forget the co2, you need a seriously controlled room to get the benifit from it as well as having to shut down the vent fans to stop it being pulled out of the room.
Carbonated water wont have any benifit to be honest as far as co2 goes.

Welcome to MP.... check out the hydro section...I wld not mess with CO2 on your first grow...

Latest posts

Back