Hey MP, New Indoor Grower Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - I hope you're all doing and feeling well and you had a good day so far.

I'm a new indoor grower with a 3x3 setup, 3" inline analog exhaust fan, Mars Hydro TSW3000 LED @450w. I'm currently growing Skywalker OG in a 10 gallon cloth pot filled with CoM's Stonington Blend Grower's Mix (which was designed specifically for cannabis). I only grow one single plant at a time.

I started growing in a buffered Peat and Vermiculite blend in 3 to 5 gallon pots and only raised mids with GH's FloraSeries line of liquid nutes, despite the good genetics of my beans. I experimented with adding bacteria and fungi to my soil and there was a noticeable improvement in yield and potency, so I decided to focus
on organics.

I settled on Coast of Maine's Stonington Blend because it's designed specifically for cannabis and has a base of lobster compost which is chock full of chitin. They use an endomycho called glomus intraradices; a microscopic fungi that penetrates the roots, taking sugars and breaking down the organics into plant available nutes. I've read where glomus may be responsible for the bulk of phosphorous feedings during flower.

I used to serve as the chef, waiter and bus boy for my plants...now, I just water, occasionally ammend and watch them grow. And boy do they bulk up in that Stonington.
My goal is to harvest one pound of usable flower and at least 28g of kief from a single seed and I do believe this grow will achieve that goal. What do you think?
Amazing looking grow, you have great knowledge.

Welcome, and that is a great looking plant you've grown! I've been interested in trying that soil blend for a bit now. How often does it need reammending and what do you typically add when doing so?

Welcome, and that is a great looking plant you've grown! I've been interested in trying that soil blend for a bit now. How often does it need reammending and what do you typically add when doing so?
Hey Necro, thank you. Here's what I use:
1) Stonington Platinum Grower's Mix
2) Organic Plant Food (pelletized)
3) Fish Bone Meal
4) Castings
5) Squid concentrate (liquid)

CoM publishes a single sheet that advises how long the soil will provide the nutes in various pot sizes and instructs how and when to amend in your particular pot size. I'm having trouble finding these instructions on my phone, but if you check their site, I'm sure you'll locate it.

a) 1/4 cup plant food, once in mid veg and once in late.
b) 1/4 cup fish bone meal three times during flower: weeks 1,3 5.
c) Castings - 2 times: once in late veg and once in mid-flower.

And that's all. I use the liquid Squid in late veg and early flower and I also add liquid silica boost (not a CoM product) in early and mid veg.

My plant just started week 10 of flower this morning and those colas needed another trellis for support.

Contact me anytime if you have any questions and good luck with all your future grows.

Hey Necro, thank you. Here's what I use:
1) Stonington Platinum Grower's Mix
2) Organic Plant Food (pelletized)
3) Fish Bone Meal
4) Castings
5) Squid concentrate (liquid)

CoM publishes a single sheet that advises how long the soil will provide the nutes in various pot sizes and instructs how and when to amend in your particular pot size. I'm having trouble finding these instructions on my phone, but if you check their site, I'm sure you'll locate it.

a) 1/4 cup plant food, once in mid veg and once in late.
b) 1/4 cup fish bone meal three times during flower: weeks 1,3 5.
c) Castings - 2 times: once in late veg and once in mid-flower.

And that's all. I use the liquid Squid in late veg and early flower and I also add liquid silica boost (not a CoM product) in early and mid veg.

My plant just started week 10 of flower this morning and those colas needed another trellis for support.

Contact me anytime if you have any questions and good luck with all your future grows.
This thread just came to my attention !
Going in this forum is like going in the basement and finding the things you missed because you put them in the basement to make room.( snoicane is the schitt)
I use coast of maine. Im fortunate to have a whole sale greenhouse supply to buy it.
buying thru the internet is expensive.
I like the idea of squid juice.
I love calamari.
Welcome to the group!
We have a great bunch of folks !
Some are handsome, most are not .
We have Beautiful Women in our group so dont get any ideas !
Bingo every third thursday!
cash no checks ! bring snacks!
Before I joined this group I was always lonely and afraid .
Now since joining, it only happens when Im alone

This thread just came to my attention !
Going in this forum is like going in the basement and finding the things you missed because you put them in the basement to make room.( snoicane is the schitt)
I use coast of maine. Im fortunate to have a whole sale greenhouse supply to buy it.
buying thru the internet is expensive.
I like the idea of squid juice.
I love calamari.
Welcome to the group!
We have a great bunch of folks !
Some are handsome, most are not .
We have Beautiful Women in our group so dont get any ideas !
Bingo every third thursday!
cash no checks ! bring snacks!
Before I joined this group I was always lonely and afraid .
Now since joining, it only happens when Im alone
Hi Joe...you have me laughing hard, thanks for that and thank you for the welcome.

Since joining, I've felt a difference here...less bullshit and more comraderie which is a good thing.

Hi Joe...you have me laughing hard, thanks for that and thank you for the welcome.

Since joining, I've felt a difference here...less bullshit and more comraderie which is a good thing.
Your welcome .
That is what this group is all about .Many knowledgeable ,nice , friendly folks and all with personality's !
Some better than other but its still the best around ! :)☝️

Hi - I hope you're all doing and feeling well and you had a good day so far.

I'm a new indoor grower with a 3x3 setup, 3" inline analog exhaust fan, Mars Hydro TSW3000 LED @450w. I'm currently growing Skywalker OG in a 10 gallon cloth pot filled with CoM's Stonington Blend Grower's Mix (which was designed specifically for cannabis). I only grow one single plant at a time.

I started growing in a buffered Peat and Vermiculite blend in 3 to 5 gallon pots and only raised mids with GH's FloraSeries line of liquid nutes, despite the good genetics of my beans. I experimented with adding bacteria and fungi to my soil and there was a noticeable improvement in yield and potency, so I decided to focus
on organics.

I settled on Coast of Maine's Stonington Blend because it's designed specifically for cannabis and has a base of lobster compost which is chock full of chitin. They use an endomycho called glomus intraradices; a microscopic fungi that penetrates the roots, taking sugars and breaking down the organics into plant available nutes. I've read where glomus may be responsible for the bulk of phosphorous feedings during flower.

I used to serve as the chef, waiter and bus boy for my plants...now, I just water, occasionally ammend and watch them grow. And boy do they bulk up in that Stonington.
My goal is to harvest one pound of usable flower and at least 28g of kief from a single seed and I do believe this grow will achieve that goal. What do you think?
Just chopped her...the wet harvest came to 1,498 grams or 53 ozs. I think it'll lose 70% of its water weight during drying, so perhaps a 14 to 15 ounce yield dry. Not too shabby for a 10 gallon Stonington grow.

Attachments

• 20230909_110847.jpg
    20230909_110847.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Just chopped her...the wet harvest came to 1,498 grams or 53 ozs. I think it'll lose 70% of its water weight during drying, so perhaps a 14 to 15 ounce yield dry. Not too shabby for a 10 gallon Stonington grow.
How long did you veg her, sweet yield
Hydro correct, My hydro grows in coco were always just over an elbow. Soil plants seem to always be less , unless planted in the ground.

sphagnum peat moss, coir, perlite, compost, worm castings, fish bone meal, lobster and crab shell meal, kelp meal, alfalfa meal and mycorrhiz
Pot must hold a lot of water correct?

Latest posts

Back