Hey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimBud

Reaction score
Long time lurker, lots of great information here. I appreciate the info posted here by many knowledgeable folks. I have been growing for about 20 years, always bag seed. I've grown some crap and some dank.
Finally ready to get some seeds from Nirvana and my only concern is odor control. Missus got upset with the last grow because the delightful odor was too much for her when folks came to visit. Any suggestions for some decent herb that won't alert anyone who comes to visit? ( Considering Blue Mystic, NL or Blackberry)
Thanks for any suggestions,
Jim

:ciao: welcome to the passion...
:48:

they all smell...IMO..can you hook a scrubber up?...maybe vent grow area out the house?...anywho..hope to see you around the boards...untill then..take care and be safe

Got a carbon filter. I use space in the basement with no where to vent to so I've tried different filters and they all help but the laundry room, right above my space in the basement, always seems to tick off the missus with the odor.
I believe they all smell, just trying to lessen it the best I can.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Welcome to MP...I grow in tents and use an inline fan to vent all the air from the tent outside. It creates negative pressure and I have no odor problems. You can also use a carbon filter to scrub the air like 4u said. I have one but have yet to need it's use.

JimBud said:
Got a carbon filter. I use space in the basement with no where to vent to so I've tried different filters and they all help but the laundry room, right above my space in the basement, always seems to tick off the missus with the odor.

Sorry I posted before I saw this...how about an odor masker? I think there is one called Ono. I have zero experience with it though.

Ono doesn't work in my opinion. I use a carbon filter and an inline fan and i can still smell it in the garage when some are in flower. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I tried Ono and it worked for about five minutes. Trying to figure out how to vent, but I can't bring myself to put a hole in the basement wall.
Do any strains put out a lesser odor?

Hello and welcome.

Right now I am growing a Bubblelicious fem from Nirvana and I have to get real close to her to smell her and the smell is sweet like bubblegum w/ a hint of weed.

I also tent grow and use inline fan. When I open the tent you can first smell her but it goes away as soon as enough air flows into tent.

It is only 1 plant and my first but I like that shes not stinking up the place. My wife does not like the smell of plants growing as well.

Good luck.

JimBud said:

Get your space air tight and get negative pressure in there and it should take care of most of the odors that seep into the laundry room. You can stand right next to my grow room and not detect any odors.

Thanks for the info. To appease the missus I'm moving from the basement to a tent in the attic

The attic can be extremely hard to control temps. I would do some testing of the temperature extremes. Where I live, attics get over 130 in the summer and below freezing in the winter.

Thanks for advice THG. I just finished the set up and will monitor the temps while I wait for the seeds.
I ordered NL and Blue Mystic from Nirvana and noticed after the order was confirmed that I ordered auto flowering seeds. (Wait until after to catch one) I'm hoping with the lights on 20 hours a day the cold in the attic will be manageable. Heater on stand by.

Iams said:
Hello and welcome.

Right now I am growing a Bubblelicious fem from Nirvana and I have to get real close to her to smell her and the smell is sweet like bubblegum w/ a hint of weed.

I also tent grow and use inline fan. When I open the tent you can first smell her but it goes away as soon as enough air flows into tent.

It is only 1 plant and my first but I like that shes not stinking up the place. My wife does not like the smell of plants growing as well.

Good luck.
I agree with Iams..
My Greenhouse grow has 1 bubblegum plant in flower and 6 uk cheese plants in vege i will also say that the cheese stinks a dang site more than the bubblegum . The Bubblegum barely smells at all . All the best .;)

Thanks for all of the advice. I have 4 NL autoflower started in my tent. 400w hps and 2 150w mh, negative pressure in the tent with 6 inch fan. Temps staying in the low to mid 80's. No nuts yet, too early, but ff grow big and big bloom on hand.:cool:

Jim what type of growing are you doing? As the FF Big Bloom is organic and the FF Grow Big is not.

If using Grow Big you want to use Tiger Bloom when in flower, that is if you are not growing organic.

I have 4 autoflowering NL from Nirvana in 3 gal. bags filled with FFOF. I'll try the Tiger Bloom.
Previous grows have all been bagseed in a corner of the basement, first time in a tent with reasonable genetics.

Latest posts

Back