high grade seeds ww, 100% hermie rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Jbonez long time no see on ur post... man my heartache goes with you..
waste $$$ on that seedbank... maybe no refund? dudes...that sux...

see mp people!! see that.. that's why we gotta to be true breeder input in our brains.... please help.. we all know man made hermie can breed better female seeds.. and we need more inputs about true seed breeder...

if it is not light interrupted issues you might know of... then its not yer fault I promise..

even if it was my fault, all the better, because true females that dont carry the trait do not become hermies, they are true breeding pedigree plants, and these ww knockoffs arent that.

Actually all female plants (of course there may be some genetic freaks of nature that don't follow the rules) carry the hermaphrodite gene. The only difference is what level of stress is required to get male flowers to form. There is no such thing as "true females" its a made up term to describe plants that won't hermie except under the most extreme of conditions. Even if you use chemical like STS or gibberlic acid to force the plant to hermie it still had the trait before you applied the chemical, not vice versa. Without the genetic code (the trait if you will) it would not have the blueprint to produce male flowers. Its a genetic defense mechanism to help propagate the species.

Just thought I would clear that up a bit.

I agree. I am curious if the "Rodelization Method" produces 100% female with the least tendency to hermi?
Peace.

Tater said:
Actually all female plants (of course there may be some genetic freaks of nature that don't follow the rules) carry the hermaphrodite gene. The only difference is what level of stress is required to get male flowers to form. There is no such thing as "true females" its a made up term to describe plants that won't hermie except under the most extreme of conditions. Even if you use chemical like STS or gibberlic acid to force the plant to hermie it still had the trait before you applied the chemical, not vice versa. Without the genetic code (the trait if you will) it would not have the blueprint to produce male flowers. Its a genetic defense mechanism to help propagate the species.

Where they fem seeds or did regular WW seeds all hermie on you?

Tater said:

i thought the same thing, but i read that a true XX female is incapable of producing male flowers.

cadlakmike1 said:
Where they fem seeds or did regular WW seeds all hermie on you?

they were not femmed.

the other strain i had growing under the same conditions did not hermie, and these plants were flowered tegether with the herms.

JBonez said:
because true females that dont carry the trait do not become hermies, they are true breeding pedigree plants, and these ww knockoffs arent that.
im not totally sure but i remember reading that any plant has the potential to hermie its the plants way to survive. its a way to ensure that there will be seeds to continue life

Latest posts

Back