Holy Sheep! - Pics added =-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

:holysheep:

:eek:

We get home from the Xmas party at hubbys work and let the dogs in. The little one appears wet. Upon further examination we realize he's drenched in blood. And blood drops are getting everywhere. We grab the paper towels, and they get soaked immediately. This is a little daschund so he can't lose too much blood. We wrap him in a towel and put him in his crate and hubby takes him to the after-hours emergency vet. He just called and gave me the quote.

$ 600.00 :eek: :rolleyes:

What a rip off!!! If our regular vet was open I know it would only be a fraction of the cost. :mad:

I am pretty pissed now, we needed the $$ for xmas. Hopefully they can set us up on a payment plan. :rolleyes:

I just spent an hour cleaning up blood from the floor and the sofa.

I need a stiff drink and a big ol bowl.

Thanks for listening to me gripe. :eek:

Added pics- he has numerous stitches on his head, ears and neck. Look at the back door. YIKES! My poor baby was bleeding a long while before we got home. Look at the splatter all over the walls and windows. :holysheep:

He's still at the vets where he'll be spending a few hours sedated and getting numerous stitches. We declined the extra cost to look for internal injuries and for the e collar, which we have one around here somewhere. He will be fine, thanks for asking. ;)

One of us will have to go pick him up in a few hours. Guess the bowl and stiff drink is gonna have to wait. :p

I'm so sorry SmokinMom that sucks, especially so close to xmas. My siamese needs to go back to the vet soon, but I've been putting it off until after the holidays. Apparently he's allergic to some sort of mold or dust in my home and starts losing patches of hair and/or starts getting rashy. His hair has just started to grow back in from the last steroid shot they gave him and now he's starting to get it again. :( And on top of that, not only do I have to pay for a shot every 90 days but I have to buy special weight management cat food now to stop him from gaining weight from the steroids. Hope everything works out for your little dachshund!

:fly: Mal C :fly:

Still waiting on the call to go pick him up.

I know they had to give him blood. Damn expensive blood. :rolleyes:

I am sooo frickin pissed. I think it is so wrong for these places to charge ridiculous ammounts of money like that.

Thanks for being so sweet Mal, and I hope your 4 legged friend will be ok.

Oh, and if anyone wonders, it appears he got in a fight with my 125 lb female great pyrenees. :(

I almost wonder if he was cold and tried to snuggle up and she didn't like it and attacked him. Sigh, guess we'll never know for sure.

Uggg...still pissed.

Got time? Hit a bong! You'll feel better Mom! General Tso sends his condolences :)

DigiCam 035.jpg

i would of bought a new dogg for half that price

EASTLA_KUSHSMOKA said:
i would of bought a new dogg for half that price

I won't lie. For a bit I thought why not just put him down, surely its cheaper. But he is one hell of a cool dog....I think he's worth it. :eek:

3 months ago we had to take him to the same emergency vet. He got into the mouse poison in the garage and had to have his stomach pumped. :rolleyes:

He's more trouble then the friggin kids are.

:p

my blue pitbull when he was a puppy now he'll eat you pic was takin 2 years ago

well one thing for sure, he's a lucky dog to have a good owner that's willing to take the sacrifice and make their situation harder in a hard time for the well being. i'm sure it loves you for it :) hope all is well and i'm sure you'll get your money back some how, after all animals make me comfortable when there's no one else :p

Dewayne

my friends 85lbs blue fawn razors edge blue gator lowrider pit ate a frog last week and almost died :( damn critters gettin in troubles

they keep the cats aways and other small animals and humans i have 3 boys(2 are his kids) and 1 girl all around the same color except for 1 of his puppys came out extra light gray might be a pheno lol

100% razors edge wouldnt get any other blood type

the father was a crazy low gator imagine the dog weighs 85lbs and is barely as high as my knee! super wide

Get this s#it-

They wouldn't let us do any sort of payment plan, and we had to charge it. It over-drafted my bank acct!!! And the banking site is down and won't let me transfer any money from the other accts. DAMN, when it rains it pours.

Son of a *****!

What?! That's crazy! Most halfway decent vets have some sort of payment plan. Sorry to hear about more troubles Mom. Hope everything goes well for you. Time for me to hit up the blankets after another bong hit.

I know what its like, and i feel for you.
A couple of years ago we had a Black Lab come down with parvo.
The regular vet wouldnt even let us take it into his building.
Ended up taking him to an emergency center where he had to get treatment.
5 days of boarding and the treatment cost us $2500.
We almost lost the house cause we didnt have rent.
3 months later he got out of the fence in the back yard and got hit by a car.
It was terrible, i saw him threw the window and went to get my shoes.
I opened the front door just in time to see the car hit him.
Jackass didnt even slow down to see what he hit.

I have to pay £265, roughly $400 this coming wednesday at the vets for a single injection, vets abuse owners emotions and use it for profit.

Sorry to hear your news Sm.

Latest posts

Back