Hortilux T5 w/ UV rays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
yep this is a veg bulb for a T5---Hortilux Power Veg FS+UV 4' 54w HO grow lamp---kinda pricey---put 1 in an 8 light fixture---these sob's burn your retina give you a tan and your eye is fixated on them---gotta wear shades---today's day 1---lets see where the extra $$$ went

Can you post a link to what you got or a picture of the box? I'm interested
Thanks Stank

I will be waiting to see how it does for you orange. How much was the bulb?

those are the bulbs I replaced the ones in my t5 with........... haven't used them yet........ I did turn it on after installing the bulbs....... they are a lot brighter than the old bulbs.

JAAM........I got mine for around 26.00 a piece by ordering 8 at the time......... and free shipping.

Did you read the description?

The only real difference is their Kelvin Temperature and, contrary to popular belief, Kelvin Temperature does not affect plant growth in any way whatsoever.
Recommend Light Cycles
If using all PowerVEG FS+UV lamps in one fixture, we recommend reducing the time the lights are on by 20%. This is due to the quality of the spectrum and the amount of UV coming from the light.

Scares me :eek:

I could buy a 1000w setup with a hood for what it would cost to swap my t5s for them... Ive tried HTGs 10k with the UV and they were nothing special... hope they are worth the coin... :48:

i got 2 bulbs for an 8 bulb fixture for the veg room---no biggie---certainly didn't break the bank---we'll see if i see any difference in growing vigor---might get another 2 so i gots 4 and 4 in the t5

Go all the way, then you can save 20% on electric.

hey duck---they were speaking of all the other t5 bulbs on the market when they said the only difference between them is kelvin temperature---all pretty much have the same spectrum---that's what makes this 1 different---more blue spectrum and added UV

They also said the kelvin makes no difference to plants.
So why do most growers use 65k for veg?

How does more blue and UV make for less on time?

Their sale pitch just sounds to much over the top to me.

I know nothing about lights, what does UV do to plants? Sounds like you may need to do a side by side comparison Orangesunshine. Have you seen them being used in your travels?

I know nothing about lights, what does UV do to plants? Sounds like you may need to do a side by side comparison Orangesunshine. Have you seen them being used in your travels?

hi rb---i have never seen 1st hand artificial UV lighting used in a grow---but we all know how well plants do outside under the UV rays of natural sunlight---you know me well enough to know i'll try just about anything to improve my grow---so why the heck not---impossible for me to do a side by side test to compare---but i've had the t5 long enough to notice any difference if there is one---i'll keep you posted

They also said the kelvin makes no difference to plants.
So why do most growers use 65k for veg?

How does more blue and UV make for less on time?

Their sale pitch just sounds to much over the top to me.

they sure do have a sales pitch---they're trying to sell bulbs---the 20% less usage is based on using 8 UV bulbs at a time and veging 18/6---UV causes damage and too much (like all 8 UV bulbs burning 24/7) will be too much stress---so we gonna keep burning 24/7 and use only 2 in the mix of an 8 bulb t5---i will continue 24/7 veg and likely add another bulb or 2 gradually---maybe get up to 4 of the new bulbs and 4 the old school bulbs---time will tell if they are worth it or not---i only have experience with their hortilux 1k hps bulbs in the flower room---quality product---i have no complaints---never had a light meter to measure or compare lumens to other brands---pretty sure their 1k hps is the best bulb on the market---sure you can find bulbs for less $$$ but they need to be changed more frequently---anyway---to each their own---i like the hortilux product---they have already earned my loyalty and i'll will give their new bulb a legit chance to out perform the others---or not

You will rock it Orange... two coke can cola's you. Can't wait. I remember spending extra money on a HPS one time and I was sure it was better. ha, nothing scientific there.

Latest posts

Back