How can I harvest without a house to dry at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dub_j

Reaction score
if all goes well me n my buds should have an awesome amount of chronic to harvest, im curious if anyone has harvested outdoors, like dried and everything. also has anyone used a food dehydrator? if so how long does it take to dry out 4 qp's? basically i dont have a spot yet like a house to dry at, so if the food dehydrator takes a while it will have to be dried outside in a secret spot covered up somehow. any input would be sweet, thanks.

I would build a drying box... Maybe out of a tuple ware container and you could build a mini arbon scrubber to finish it off... Look threw the DIY section.

"Sweat Curing
Sweat curing is the technique most widely used in Colombia. Long branches containing colas are layered in piles about 18 inches high and a minimum of two feet square, more often about ten by fifteen feet. Sweat curing actually incorporates the fermenting process. Within a few hours the leaves begin to heat up from the microbial action in the same way that a compost pile ferments. Then change in colour is very rapid; watch the pile carefully, so that it does not overheat and rot the colas. Each day unpack the piles, and remove the colas that have turned colour. Within four or five days, all the colas will have turned colour. They are then dried. One way to prevent rot while using this method is to place cotton sheets, rags, or paper towels between each double layer of colas. The towels absorb some of the moisture and slow down the process.
Sweat curing can be modified for use with as little marijuana as two large plants. Pack the marijuana tightly in a heavy paper sack (or several layers of paper bags), and place it in the sun. The light is converted to heat and helps support the sweat.
Another variation of the sweat process occurs when fresh undried marijuana is bricked. The bricks are placed in piles, and they cure while being transported.
A simple procedure for a slow sweat cure is to roll fresh marijuana in plastic bags. Each week, open the bag for about an hour to evaporate some water. In about six weeks, the ammonia smell will dissipate somewhat, and the grass should be dried. This cure works well with small quantities of mediocre grass, since it concentrates the material."

Words from a sticky.

where are they growing now? why can't you just hang them in the room they're in now?? then just jar it up and brown bag it and you'll be good to go

He's growing out doors.
I'd build a cool box out of wood with ventilation in it and let them sit out their to dry. When their just about crispy, bring em inside into glass jars to cure them. There may be a better way. Just a thought.

it would be kinda shady to leave a couple p's in the woods but i dont think drying them in a food dehydrator in my moms house is a good idea either. i was thinking of hanging them upside down in brown bags in trash bags open at the bottom to protect them from rain and stuff..

No moister would prob get to them.

Got a car? use the trunk. Just clean/sterilize first.

that was my other idea, it may go in the trunk.

In the trunk of the car? Please someone explain how that would work without causing bud rot.

I have a buddy that uses the tarp method. At the end of the year he takes all his **** into the most remote spot, sets a line between two trees, hangs everything up, then pulls a tarp over top (in a tent shape). He does get a little rot if it rains too much, but I smoke the stuff every year and it comes out fine. I don't know how he secures the ends, but he doesn't seem to lose any signifigant amount.

find an abandoned shack or farm way out in the boons and just camp out near it for wek or so or take turns wit ya buddies ya said ya growin wit til its said an dry that way u'll be able to tell if anyone is out an about the shack or somethin. or find an abandones farm wit an old grain bin and just seal the top wit somethin this is wat i might have to do i think

Latest posts

Back