How Can You Tell What A Real Strain Is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IllusionalFate said:
Exactly! That's why I don't see how anyone could know the strain seed their getting. Nobody knows what happened 5,000 years ago and which strains actually were 100% indica/sativa... every single cannabis strain is probably crossed with so many other "strains" by now.

few words from me. i studied "herbs" on university in one point of my life. so i learned it's possible to determine which strain is which,where are their geografical origins,what is crossed with what,etc. we can all do that if we are heavily financed by some bigshot company or institution.but for us consumers,growers(read common folks) we just have to trust the breeders. or not.
how can u know what u eat,drink,use these days ? we all know we would be surprised if we would analyze everything around us.
like bmw,for example. german brand,european.ok. but lots of parts are made in china,asia. roumors are that some models are completely produced and assembled in china,nothing european in them.
so which strain is which ?! most of us don't have enough time,free will or, what's most important, funds to check things out.
i got some hash.i'm told it's from india. how can i know if it's true? go to india and ask local manufacturers ?! it smells like hash, i get fairly stoned from it, but maybe it's produced in basement next door:)
my point - trust them or don't trust them :D
and i agree that in seed bussiness reputation is everything.

Do you know how much they could learn from MJ, the scientists that is. All kinds of valuable info, and thanks to barbaric drug laws it will always be viewed as a drug rather than an amazing plant unlike any other on our planet. It should be studied by experts who are going to tell the truth BTW. Also we can see how it moved in the early days, how did it end up here or there, what kind of people grew it, traded it, was it a valuable commodity. Genes are data and everything has it, one day they will wake up I hope and say this plant is amazing and should be studied....this plant has big business and major gov'ts all over the world scared LOL.

Good stuff Green Dragon.

true snuggles :)
"the plant" is amazing in the eyes of science. but scientists are not alowed to fully research it and inform the public due to laws. today it's easier to blame marijuana for social problems than the way we all live...but we're off topic now :)

Latest posts

Back