How cannabis has helped me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fly:

Very true very true. Smoking cannabis helps alleviate some of my wife's alcoholic yearnings, so I know how that goes mas flores.

Thank you greatly for posting how cannabis helps you, bud. Stay strong.

:peace:

7greeneyes:)

when i started working for this college my anxiety got so bad i lost 100 pounds in five months and could never eat nothing. I started smoking around the same time as my anxiety started it always took the edge off of things... i couldnt go to work without smoking at least two blunts and then i was alright.. its a medicine,,, it helped me get an appetite, it helps me fall asleep, it calms me down,:goodposting: i couldnt imagine my life without it..

I'm happy it's helpin out for you blazinjelly. My wife uses cannabis to help alleviate some of her daily anxiety.

Thanks for posting and sharing, blazinjelly.:cool2:

Figured I would put myself out there as well.

MJ is the only thing that saved me from my deep alcoholism. It was very bad, and almost caused me to lose my job.

I have been smoking since I was 14 (19 years ago). When I was also introduced to booze. Genetics kicked in and I became an alcoholic.

I stopped smoking years ago due drug testing at my job. That made the boozing worse!!!

I have since found the power to be booze free, MJ in the evening after work has been a bigger blessing than any AA group could give me.

Hopefully we as a country can learn to search for more uses for this wonderful NATURAL medicine, we can do away with things as sinister as oxy and percs and the like. I never cared for pills, but I can see MJ being a crucial part of recovery for millions of addicts out there.

Thank you and take care!

I love reading how cannabis has helped ppl move away from alcoholism. Truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing, it is greatly appreciated. I know it's hard opening up, even if it's anonymously.

:peace:,

7greeneyes said:
I love reading how cannabis has helped ppl move away from alcoholism. Truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing, it is greatly appreciated. I know it's hard opening up, even if it's anonymously.

Hey thanks for listening...sometimes thats all it takes, someone with more than one set of ears.

I luckily have found something that helps...there are millions that dont have this or respond to it.....If I had the loot I would start a foundation to fund this project...I will not call it rehab......it only works for few.

I'm 38 years old now, and been smoking pot since I was about 12. I started smoking to get high. I still smoke to get high. But along the way, I have reaped the benefits of cannabis in many ways. Only now, as I learn more about this plant, do I realize how much it has helped me. I have social anxiety and a mood disorder with psychotic features. When I drink alcohol in excess, which I used to, my symptoms became much worse and I developed a host of other problems. But when I smoke weed every day, as I do now, my mood is much more stable. I am not happy all of the time, but neither am I sad all of the time. I do not feel the paranoia that I feel when I don't smoke. I know, I know, it makes some people MORE paranoid. I'm just saying for me, it relieves the paranoia. What the doctors call 'delusions of persecution' do not exist when I am using cannabis daily. I am also to participate in social activities now as taking a small amount of pot before going someplace like shopping helps me to stop worrying about my environment and just enjoy what I am doing. Marijuana has helped me so much. Where I live, it is legal for medicinal use, and I have my card, so I have no reason to worry about legal issues. Now that I have come to a stable place in my mental health, I don't see myself ever using any other medication for my illness.

If it's working for you then all I can say is that that it is a good thing. Sounds like it helps with some social anxiety issues as, well. :)

Thank you for posting, it's greatly appreciated.

budz4me said:
Figured I would put myself out there as well.

MJ is the only thing that saved me from my deep alcoholism. It was very bad, and almost caused me to lose my job.

I have been smoking since I was 14 (19 years ago). When I was also introduced to booze. Genetics kicked in and I became an alcoholic.

I stopped smoking years ago due drug testing at my job. That made the boozing worse!!!

I have since found the power to be booze free, MJ in the evening after work has been a bigger blessing than any AA group could give me.

Hopefully we as a country can learn to search for more uses for this wonderful NATURAL medicine, we can do away with things as sinister as oxy and percs and the like. I never cared for pills, but I can see MJ being a crucial part of recovery for millions of addicts out there.

Thank you and take care!

Thank you for sharing this. I missed it my first time scrolling this thread. I agree 100% that cannabis can help many get away from the clutches of addiction. As you mentioned, it is not for everyone. I struggled with addictions for many years. I have used about every drug you can think of. It all led to me serving several prison terms. I still drink, though I am not a 'drinker'. I smoke pot every day and it calms me and brings me to a center that no other medicine has been able to do. I have been off of meth for over 8 years now and haven't touched heroin, cocaine, or any other drug since even before then.

In the 12 Step programs, they define addiction as being powerless over something that makes your life unmanageable. When I share my story with people that do not use marijuana, they smirk and suggest that I simply traded one addiction for another. They suggest that I am addicted to marijuana. I insist that it is medicine. It actually helps make my life more manageable, not less. If marijuana use constitutes addiction, then I suppose diabetics are addicted to insulin as well. If this be the case, then I can say that I am happily addicted to that which makes me well, and not something that will cause me or others harm.

I got off work early today. Came to check on some things online, and here I am, unmedicated and can't figure out what my problem is. I missed the :20, but it's always that time. Gotta go outside and load the bong...

:48:

I'll smoke one in spirit with ya, brother. Stay strong, for sure, you're doing great so far, bud.

I smoke to help me sleep, to relieve stress and of course get high and giggle.
My anxiety would consume me if I didn't smoke, I'd never get a good nights sleep.

I've been so stressed lately that I've lost 6lbs, I've only been eating when I get the munchies which hasn't been every time, only a few times.

THank you for posting SkysTheLimit24, it's appreciated by me and others here.....

:peace:

Herniated disc in lower back, too young for surgery, lived in Chronic Pain. History of depression, and pain doesn't help that. High blood pressure (145/95). And over weight.

Bp now 124/82, Chronic Pain is manageable, Depression G O N E, weight regulated and lost 30lbs

Wow! That's a very freakin good turnaround with yourhealth. That's awesome, jper6647. Happy Monday:rolleyes: to everyone....lol...

Cannabis has been an extremely helpful tool for battling anxiety. If I am ever down or overly anxious. I roll up a blunt and puff away. I instantly feel less anxious and I don't feel sad about the things that previously made me upset.

I still live with my parents, though so i have to be careful of how I smell. I usually just spray my fingers and clothes with a bottle of this stuff called Squelch. It's like an odor-free smell removing spray that works amazingly well.

Anyway, pot has been a huge help to me and I feel it's medical benefits need to be highlighted in the media a lot more.

First off lemme give you a hearty :welcome: to Marijuana Passion, Seymour Green.

Second, let me say thank you for giving testament to marijuana's medical efficacy with anxiety (indica's are a good choice for anxiety usually) and telling us how it helps you.

:peace: n' :bong:rips,

7greeneyes, Appreciate the welcome:D Yeah, man Indica's always seem to get me in the right zone. It's the best therapy for me.

7greeneyes said:
First off lemme give you a hearty :welcome: to Marijuana Passion, Seymour Green.

Second, let me say thank you for giving testament to marijuana's medical efficacy with anxiety (indica's are a good choice for anxiety usually) and telling us how it helps you.

:peace: n' :bong:rips,

Appreciate the welcome Yeah, man Indica's always seem to get me in the right zone. It's the best therapy for me.:icon_smile:

all the pills I get from the VA hospital, does what Cannabis does for , my Depression Anxiety,, Ptsd, n back pain, Leggs n spine.
I thank the GODS of MJ

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
olstoner :tokie:

I ment , the pills don't do what the cannabis can do rated 100% PTSD

Latest posts

Back