How cold is too cold..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny5968

Reaction score
How cold is too cold for a night time temp? The last few nights its got down to 58..With it only getting 5f outside......Just wondering......:icon_smile:

they will be fine as long as its not a constant cold...Ive had temps drop from power failure for a week and mine handled it well...I would say anything under 35f would freeze the rootzone...just my thaughts..maybe a space heater?

4u2sm0ke said:
they will be fine as long as its not a constant cold...Ive had temps drop from power failure for a week and mine handled it well...I would say anything under 35f would freeze the rootzone...just my thaughts..maybe a space heater?
Thanks for the info....:hubba: ....Space heater is ready for the night time cycle.....I just hope this cold cold weather breaks sooon.........:icon_smile:

My flower room gets down to high 50's when it's real cold outside, but the plants seem to handle it ok.

Be mighty strong plant well those that dont have generics stripped through breedin but all in all strong plant and can hold its own in bouts of cold as well as frost if she have mine too she will live through the tough reckon its our goal to control temps in our learn of the grow.

BWD

That is one reason I have my flowering plants' lights on at night. In the cold winter it keeps the plants under the warmth of light during the coolest part of the 24hrs, and in the summer It allows them to run at night when its cool so that the AC and ventilation doesn't have to work so hard to keep them cool. :)

I also run my lights at night, but still get down in the high 50s when the outside temps drop below 0. I think it may slow their growth a little and am working on getting the temps better.

Hushpuppy said:
That is one reason I have my flowering plants' lights on at night. In the cold winter it keeps the plants under the warmth of light during the coolest part of the 24hrs, and in the summer It allows them to run at night when its cool so that the AC and ventilation doesn't have to work so hard to keep them cool. :)
I agree....I alway run at night for the same reasons too,and its a bit cheaper tooo..:hubba: Just the last two days its been 5f. I do bring warm air in from the basment,Looks like in need to make my intake a little larger....:icon_smile:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I also run my lights at night, but still get down in the high 50s when the outside temps drop below 0. I think it may slow their growth a little and am working on getting the temps better.
IT so hard to keep the temps even in this cold cold weather...I put a space heater in to keep the temps up a little high but I dont think ill run it while Im at work.....Scares me........:icon_smile:

Hushpuppy said:

And that be the true art of the simple ;)

BWD

Johnny5968 said:
IT so hard to keep the temps even in this cold cold weather...I put a space heater in to keep the temps up a little high but I dont think ill run it while Im at work.....Scares me........:icon_smile:

Buy a good quality space heater and it is not a fire hazard. I heat with wood, but have to use a space heater in the back bedroom. I never shut if off when I leave. In fact, if I leave in the winter and have no one to watch the house, the entire house is kept above freezing with 3 space heaters. New space heaters have a bunch of safety features and are safer than a lot of other appliances if you use them right. If the freezing temps continue, you are going to start losing plants.

Opened up the intake to my flower room so it can pull more warm air in from the basment, It stays around 70 down there and my grow room is down there too it just in a spare bedroom I had..Just checked the temp and it was at 64..Lights are about to come on in about 30 min...So it seemed to help out a bit....THG Ive will definitely will look into one, ive seen some nice ones online, A little pricey but its well worth the investment.... Thanks everyone....:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back