how do I use sulfer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySouth

puff,puff...pass
Reaction score
Got my burner got my sulfer.Do I just heat the burner and drop sulfer flakes on?This is 4 a lil mold

I don't recall any references to using sulfur, here on MP. However, I have found several very good references to it on other web pages.

Please note: If you already have powdery mildew, burning the sulfur WILL NOT get rid of it, according to what I've read on the subject.

Please read the information on these links.

hXXp://www.420magazine.com/forums/how-grow-marijuana/72170-how-do-i-recognize-control-prevent-powdery-mildew.html"]http://www.420magazine.com/forums/how-grow-marijuana/72170-how-do-i-recognize-control-prevent-powdery-mildew.html

hXXp://klemsgreenhouse.com/powderymildew.aspx"]http://klemsgreenhouse.com/powderymildew.aspx

hXXp://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7493.html"]http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7493.html

Don't have it yet.Lasr round,trin to look ahead.
Thanx much

It's good to hear you don't have it. I'm not sure of the effects of it being on weed that someone will be smoking. It's got to leave some sort of residual.

I would suggest checking out all the information you can *before* using it. It may be one of the things that's safe until buds start to form, but not after.

The links I included in my last post have a *lot* of information in them.

Let us all know what you find out, will you?

I use a Sulpher burner more often then not. Since about '98 PM has surfaced here in the MJ growing world, and most everyone I know has got it from cuts from dispensaries. It sucks.

The "rule of thumb" is if a plant has PM over 15-30%, then Sulpher will only CONTORL it and keep it under control, but if u are just showing slight signs of it, then it will eliminate it from your garden.

I ONLY run sulpher up to the first 3 weeks of 12/12, then stop. I have had no issues of "bad taste" or any other ill effects.
How I run the sulpher is Once a day, EVERYDAY, and for 45-50 minuates. Thats it. I would not go longer then that.
Of course, you must turn off your room exhaust fans, but leave the circulatory fans on. When you turn off your burner, turn on your exhaust fans.

I have tried numerous sprays, homemade concoctions and sulpher was the only thing that really worked for me.

As a preventitive, I dip my ROOTED cuttings in this :
hXXp://www.gardensafe.com/ProductCategories/indoorinsecticide/Fungicide3/

This has helped me BIG time in both Spider mites and Powdery Mildew. This will ensure that the PM does not overtake the plant before sulpher can be applied. I guess what I mean is, ONLY use a Sulpher burner on well established plants, at least 8-12" in height.

It took me a long time to learn how to use the Sulpher burner corrctly and now I wouldn't run a garden without one. The first time I used it, I ran it for 8 hours a day, and it only took 4 days to completley kill all my plants, so more is not better! After much trial and error, I use it for 45-50 minuates for at least 10-14 days, and you will see a huge difference.

About PM if it is a big problem. You can still run the burner, but as Stoney stated, it will not eradicate it, just control it. But, control ois better then out of control. From my experience, if you run it the first couple of weeks of 12/12, then stop, even if it comes back, it will not overtake your garden, it WILL start to get out of hand right when you harvest. As long as it does not encroach on the Buds, it should be OK. PM allways starts on the leaves, and the lower part of the plant first.

A good way to tell if you have it is to take a White light flashlight into your garden in the dark period. Shine it all over your plant leaves, and the PM will stand out quite easily, as compared to finding it with HID lights on.

Sorry for the long winded post man. But I have fought PM for years and only have come to conquer it in the last few. Persistence man, and even if u don't see it, it is better to run preventitive measures before the fact.

Sorry? I'm always lovin good info,good stuff!Thanks for the response.It funny you say from cuttings from clubs,as thats where mine came from,I think.As a matter of fact they buy their mommas and most clippings from Oaksterdam,and excuse my language but dam they suck.
Hal I had to chopp em @ 3 weeks for sprays didnt work for me either.When I asked the club owner he just laughed and ignored me.Wanted to smash his face in w/ a brick @ that time.
Thanks much and I hope it'll knock it out.I live in desert,moister is how we cool our place-swampcooler.Dam its hot

Latest posts

Back