How do you cure your plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmelifted

Reaction score
Last time I cured the bud went from smelling great to smelling like alfalfa and burnt up real quick when smoking it

But I only let it hang in the closet for 4 days then clipped the buds off the plant and let dry on a plate for another 3 days.

So how do you all cure your plants? Id like to do it the right way this time, if not the best way

I hang in a closet for at least 7 days... then if they are dry to the touch I clip off the buds and brown bag them for another 5-7 days... then into airtight jars and they get burped at least 2 times a day for the first week then once a day for another and then every other day or every 3 days depending on if I remember for another week.. then I burp them once a week...

BBFan said:
Read this- it seems to be the most common and popular method used by the majority of folks here at MP. Many do skip the brown bagging though. Did you put it in jars for a few weeks after you dried it?

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15567

No I clipped it off and gave it to my friends just like that.

Some was in a plastic bag for a week and still smelled like wet grass. It got you high but it smoked up very fast

Getmelifted said:
Last time I cured the bud went from smelling great to smelling like alfalfa and burnt up real quick when smoking it

But I only let it hang in the closet for 4 days then clipped the buds off the plant and let dry on a plate for another 3 days.

So how do you all cure your plants? Id like to do it the right way this time, if not the best way

Your plants burned and tasted bad because you did not cure them--4 days in a closet and 3 days on a plate is not curing. Dry as you did and then either put into a paper bag for a little bit more dry time or put into airtight glass jars and keep in a dark cool placed for 3-4 weeks. The jars may need to be "burped" several times a day for 3-7 days to release any residual moisture. Skip the letting it dry on a plate for 3 days--it serves no purpose and may actually be detrimental.

IMO, marijuana should never be put into plastic bags.

Latest posts

Back