How long do you flower for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 4 clones of, I believe "Sour Diesel". They have been flowering for almost 6 weeks. When do i start to clip and start the cure process? Is 6 weeks enough? is there such a thing as "over flowering"?

Thanks fellas

You should harvest when 75% of the hairs turn red. You could also harvest by trichomes but you'd need a strong microscope. When the trichs swell at the head and turn cloudy/milky...they're ready. You could still wait longer until the triches turn amber but after that the thc degrades. Hope this helps and good luck!

Here is acouple good charts and pics you can use.I hope there are useful to you.Good luck on your grow!!:farm: Well i could only find three for you,,lol

berserker71 said:
Here is acouple good charts and pics you can use.I hope there are useful to you.Good luck on your grow!!:farm: Well i could only find three for you,,lol

Beserker on the scene with a display again. :cool:
Nice one, my friend. :D

Hairs are not always a reliable method of deciding the optimum time to harvest. You could get a 100X Microscope if you have a Radio Shack nearby. I believe it was about $10. That way you could harrvest when the trikes are 'right' for you. The trikes should be cloudy to amber depending upon your preference.

Jersey-thats what we are all here for.To help one another out,just like we were helped out when we started out.Knowlege is key,but only helpful if shared.

Thanks Berserker71, jerseydude, and everyone.. Im gonna buy a microscope and go from there!!

real quick, when i dry the nugs, do they have to be dried in pitch dark? and how long does that take? give or take?

Yes, dry them in the dark, light degrades the thc. They should hang(about) a week, until the stem snaps when you bend it but not so dry your bud just crumbles.

Latest posts

Back