how long to veg??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
hello all i got my first clone and i was just wondering how long to keep the lights on?:confused: and when to start the flowering:eek: i have her under F-40 grow light for now.should i have the fan also?or wait til i start the flowering any input is welcome thanks and have a safe grow grama42

well i would say just do research on this site u could find all ur answers but ill help u out a bit. for veg stage i would recommend 18 hours lights on and 6 hours lights off no other light sources reaching the plant!, and when to start flowering depends on the strain and your space limits leave enough room for the plant to grow atleast another 10 inches during flowering, but again depends on strain thats a rough estimate. and def get a fan as soon as possible. are u growing in a box?

Most strains should be at least four weeks old to start flowering... But a clone from a 4 months old plant is four months old as well... So flowering could start as soon as you like... It's just the longer you Veg the heavier your buds later on...
I keep my lights on 24 hours while in veg... They do alright...
Adding a few more lights will help too... 40 Watts flouros won't grow them very fast

TokeWithHope said:
well i would say just do research on this site u could find all ur answers but ill help u out a bit. for veg stage i would recommend 18 hours lights on and 6 hours lights off no other light sources reaching the plant!, and when to start flowering depends on the strain and your space limits leave enough room for the plant to grow atleast another 10 inches during flowering, but again depends on strain thats a rough estimate. and def get a fan as soon as possible. are u growing in a box?
no its not in a box im going to grow in 5gallon pot cause i have it in the closet not sure yet but want to transplant it soon i just want to wait for about a week or 2 cause i just got it

ya wait until it developes a pretty intense root system but doesnt get completely rootbound u want the plant to feel like it has room to grow

Latest posts

Back