how long will Germinated seeds keep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMachine90

Smokin' Good ; )
Reaction score
The reason i m asking this question is i had germed around 10 seeds but ran out of pots(my miscalculation!) tomorrow morning will be day 3 and all have about a 1'' or 1/2'' tap root, how much longer can i wait, i plan on picking pots up tomorrow, will i be fine?

how are you germing? then you might get some help? but ive had seen pics of a seed growing in water from germ to havin about 2-3 inch on this site

I have left them in a wet paper towel and forgot about them before. The roots just grew thru the paper towel and they sprouted. Just keep them moist, I would think they would be ok for a while. keep the tap root in the dark.

I've used to paper towel method, had a bunch germ, forgot about the rest, when I went to go check on them they had their first 2 leaves on them, and green (light green, but green) planted them and all went fine. Keep them moist is the main part

Ive had the leaves form in the paper towel, Last time It had been like 2 days and one already popped out with the light green.....

If you bought the seeds... try and go get some 88 cent plastic pots
for them to grow in while you wait to get moe room/lights/pots/etc
whatever the case may be....

If you just had the seeds from some bag then if room runs out, I always try and pick the best ones outta the little cups if I germinate too many and just throw away the rest when that is the case... Goodluck!

IMO/E seeds have a very limited amount of resources to call upon for growing. The longer they are not in a proper medium, under beneficial conditions the lower your success rate will be.

:yeahthat: use some paper cups..dixxy cups anything to get them going..Good luck:bolt::bong:

They'll prolly be okay. I forgot about a seed for a couple of days and it sprouted the 2 first leaves. I put it in soil just like that and it grew fine.

Latest posts

Back