how long will it take to recover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green finger

Reaction score
hi guys,

i have a grow in my attic 5 clones only 3weeks.
anyway the weather got unusually hot and dried
out the soil and plants i'm hoping they'll recover
soon.... will they be okay the leaves have gone
dry????

any help would be brilliant

thanks

Touchy one here. If they already have roots showing, your chances are much improved. If not...?

I've wilted plants, immediately watered, immediately misted with water, then had most of the foliage return back over next day or two. If really bad, the cell walls are essentially collapsing & can not recover from this damage. Try the above & hope & in a day you will know. Best vibes.

hey bob,
yes they have roots i repotted them today
and the roots have reached the bottom
of the old pots!
so it might not be to bad then?:confused:

I take it you can not keep a close eye on them,correct?IDK,but you may want to just go ahead and jump into a 1-3 gallon pot?To me it would seem like a bigger pot would hold more moister.You could also burry mory of the plant,this will grow more roots!

thanks dirty south

i do keep a close eye i just left them
for six hours in the attic and it got way to
hot the water just evaporated!
some do have small growth that seems
uneffected! hopefully its a good sign..

i gave my camera to a friend he's on holidays
at the moment so i cant post pics just yet!

thanks uk girl

you've given me hope that they'll
be okay! now i dont feel so bad ha ha

thanks again

I've almost fried mine a few times, they still bounce back, great little plants they are. I think that's why there called WEEDS.

ha ha i supose your right,
thanks mr king

this site is full of friendly people

HI,

From past experience I know that attics never worked for me growing just about anywhere that gets consistently above 80º in the summer. I have an attic setup at buddy's house that we use from mid Sept til mid May and then we shut it down for the summer because when it hits the 90's around here as it often does it can get 120-140º up in the attic. It's the perfect space up there for 8 months of the year when we can pull air from outside that is cool and dry but as soon it starts heating up things go south. My buddy keeps the mothers growing in a closet in the house and we'll take clones to start vegging for the first fall run late next month. If temps are consistently too high you may be able to veg things with some success but flowering will be more difficult.

Do you know what the day temps are? Did all the leaves dry up and turn brown or are they still green but feel dry? All you can do at this point is keep the soil moist and watch to see whether they went past the point of no return.

Good Luck!:cool:

hey dirtyol

most of the leaves went dry but are
still green, the rest went hard and yellow..

the temp was around 104f maybe higher at
high peak sun hours...

i'll let you know how the plants get on thanks again

green finger said:
the rest went hard and yellow..
what....?
you only have those cuts like 4days!:rolleyes:
you never said anything about crunchy hard and yellow leaves!
get a cooltube and another fan in there!
and leave the door open during light hours.

hey swift,

dont worry about the clones their
getting better,
their half plant half zombie now ha...
there's new leaves growing so its looking
good.....:farm:

Latest posts

Back