How long will they live?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jane_doe

Reaction score
Ok so I will be moving this sunday ( just got notice yesterday) The problem I am worried about is my plants may be without light for up to 4days. They will be boxed and place in the front of the moving truck so access to them wont be possible. How long can they live without any light at this point they are a little over a week into flowering. My husband says we gotta get ride of the cuz we'll have to cross 2 boarders. But I dont think so. So help me save my plants! I know it may take time to recover but I can't let them go after all this time of growing them out and working to keep them alive.

Any ideas or suggestions ???
:confused:

If I were you I would get seeds ASAP, going across borders can be dangerous....

jane_doe said:
Ok so I will be moving this sunday ( just got notice yesterday) The problem I am worried about is my plants may be without light for up to 4days. They will be boxed and place in the front of the moving truck so access to them wont be possible. How long can they live without any light at this point they are a little over a week into flowering. My husband says we gotta get ride of the cuz we'll have to cross 2 boarders. But I dont think so. So help me save my plants! I know it may take time to recover but I can't let them go after all this time of growing them out and working to keep them alive.

Any ideas or suggestions ???
:confused:

Virtually every state has laws about how much notice has to be given to tenants and I am real sure that it is more than several days...

How big are your girls? I think that if they are a manageable size, I would try to take them. I would bet that there are some on here that have survived a 4 day power outage. I think that they could survive a 4 day or so dark period is all other conditions are okay. Are you able to keep them wet enough? Is it freezing at night where you are? (I could be totally off base here, this is just my opinion with nothing substantive to back it up :eek:)

I assume you are talking about state borders. I think that whether or not they were dangerous would depend on where you live. In the west, crossing from state to state is a nothing. If they didn't have signs up, you probably wouldn't even know (although some states have far better roads than others).

They are approx 2 feet not much bigger then that. I had planed to cover them in like paper bags that way they can breath and then placing them in a large box. They are in a 5gallon bucket.

As far as borders it would be going from southern CA to Colorado. Passing through NV, AZ, NM. So it would be west midwest area. I dont think the borders will be that big of an issue since the chances they pick us to stop are slim to none and well they just dont have big check points as far as I've seen out here.

I was thinking with a good watering before the move they should good. As far as getting to cold I think it may get down into the 50's but not to farther then that.

Thanks for the help so far.

Let me say thanks everyone for the help. I did a google earth check on the route we will take and there are no border check points. So I'm not worried about that. The chances of that happening are slim to none and they dont smell at this point and why would anyone want to look deep inside the truck they would have to empty a 26 foot truck pack with all kinds of stuff so lets move on to the plants being able to make the trip :) So far I think they will be fine. Thanks again for all the input :)

Yes they will make the trip, if they survive or not is a different matter, I had a light out for 36 hours a few years back, the plant drooped badly but survived, your going to add 60 more hours to that.

As your taking them whatever we say, you can let us know how they got on when you get to the other end :)

You would have left footprints here on the site for others who in the future who ask similar questions :aok:

:peace:

Here are some pic of before. I'll post some after we get to the new place.

pic2.jpg

plant1.jpg

plant2.jpg

ok so I just have a quick update they look great. have no signs of stress. they have been in the dark since saturday and i took a peek at them yesterday since they will be in boxed till this saturday. (which is when we will be able to get into our new place) I'll post some pics when i get the internet set up over there. thanks for the help :)

i'll also list everything I did pior to boxing them and what I do after.

thanks again !

:) Okay I got my internet back up and running :)

Here are some photos from today. I had set my garden back up the 19th with 13 hours light.

Didn't relize at that time how hot it would get in the closet since in the other place I had a whole room to grow in the heat was not an issue now its a real problem!!

the plants went through a lil bit of shock from the trip and then the heat so they are a lil thin. Had to do some trimming back, they had used up a bit of the storage in alot of the main leaves and then the heat they really sucked up the last bit so I just cliped them away.

this is week 3 into flowering. I'm sure they will bounce back. :)

Edit:

working on uploading the photos guess They didn't get attached the first time :)

yeah I was just letting them play a lil catch up. I'd planed on turning it back later today.

I think the photos are up now :) took me a sec cuz I used my camera instead of my phone so I had to resize em :)

Lookin good! How long in flower now? A few weeks?

leafminer said:
Lookin good! How long in flower now? A few weeks?

Thanks I thought for sure they would have more problems with all the cold weather that we had and them being out in the Uhaul.

just over 3 weeks now but one week really dont count cuz it was in a box for almost the second week of flower and they have been under the lights now for a full week now after the trip.

good to see your baby's survived. good luck and here is some GREEN MOJO for them.

Latest posts

Back