how long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrobud

bhc# vhc# 5150
Reaction score
i should know this and i did search for an hour and still nothing so here ya go the stupid question of the day.when put in flowering witch will show first, male or female. genrally speaking of course

It could go either way, Depending on the plant. Your plant will show once mature. Depending how long you keep in veg it should show soon. If your plants have not shown sex it soon will in flowering IMO. Keep in mind your plants may show female but could herme on ya any time. Hope this helps a little. Good luck on your grow

males.."usually" show first... :)

astrobud said:
i should know this and i did search for an hour and still nothing so here ya go the stupid question of the day.when put in flowering witch will show first, male or female. genrally speaking of course

Male shows first.? Now that is questionable.! I have a female that showed first and then my male..

I said, and "emphasized" USUALLY.. and yes, "usually" males mature/show first.

I don't have Hick's experience, but in my limited experience males "usually" show first for me too.

Also, the way they grow, kinda tall and lanky, makes me keep a closer eye on them- so I'm ready for them to show.

males usually mature a couple weeks b4 the females, I believe so that the pollen is being released at the time the fem starts showing pistils, and is receptive to being fertilized...I believe I read that somewhere.

thanks hick and the rest of ya too, kinda what i was thinking

I just had a slew of males...
icon9.gif
cold temps took their toll on my male/female ratio imo... The guys showed balls within 4-5 days of flipping to 12/12 while the ladies took at least 10-12 days before it was obvious... although anymore if I dont see balls withing the first week they are almost always girls...

Happy Growing!

Latest posts

Back