how many afghan's can you get in a PC CASE? GROW JOURNAL!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85cannabliss

HERB SMOKER
Reaction score
hi another micro idea being put to use. this will be a push, because they have to be in here for 8 WEEKS. but we are gonna top these ones to limit there height.
my setup;
2 x 20w cfl's (adding another later)
1 pc fan (can add more if 3 cfl's prove too much heat)
STRAIN: AFGHAN #1

well we started with 5, but we had a lagger so we threw that, we havent got spce for laggers. so down to 4, only 4 days old now, and seem to be loving there homes :D heres a few pics;

babies.linedup.JPG

babies.outside.JPG

babies.underlight.JPG

Everything is looking great 85C. ;) Gotta love them micro grows and the challange that comes with them. Will be following along. GREEN MOJO to ya my brother. :aok:

right on, i wondered when this will be kicking off, you know they sell these pc cases for i think i saw one at around 150 bones, and u made one, STONER INGENUITY

lol i seen themtoo, but this was inspired by another grower from holland. he grew afghans in his too, in fact these are the seeds that were sent from him, the mother was grown in his :thumbsup:

no kidding, interesting, i wish i had a buddy in holland that grew, lol over seas grow buddy/ pin pal hahahahaha
or
your plants and his (female)plants r pin pals hahaha kinda retarded but thats the first thought i had when i read that lol

thanks guys, and heres an update on the babies, and i dont know if its just me, but they seem to like the PC case alot more than the others liked the freezer through veg. they are only 8 days old, and already starting on there 2nd set of true leaves, here;

BABIES.2NOTINLIGHT.JPG

BABIES.2UNDERLIGHT.JPG

BABIES.ENDVIEW.JPG

BABY.TOPVIEW.JPG

RBH, JASH, subscribe away, the more growers that help me along the better. thanks SMITHY, if you can call it work, the hardest part about these babies is pulling the PC out and taking off the side.

lol dank, do you know any1 who strips & rebuilds broken computers???? i bet they got about 10 of them empty cases lying around, thats where i got mine from. and cost less than 20 nicker to put together. now thats cheap, so if i only get an1/8 off this grow its been worth my while :aok:

Looking great 85C. :aok: What are your temps mang? Just curious seeing how it's such a small space. ;)

Suup...85..

looking good so far....:)

Keep up the good work....

hey TBG, ISBN, thanks. and TBG to be honest i dont know what the temps are in there, i know i should, but i figure that if people use 1 pc fan in a larger area to this, and temps are fine, then these should be ok too. afterall, the fan in a pc is to extract the heat from the electrics, which is basically what im doing here. ill get a thermometer 1 day, but they are doing ok.

tell you what.... ill just take the 1 out of my freezer for a day or 2 just so i know what they are ;) now you got me curious :rofl:

time for a little update i think, all doing ok, leaves look odd, they are a little curled up, no yellowing, just a little durling. other than this they are doing great. a little too great for my head space lol but im not worried.....yet. so here they are, at day 15;

BABIES.2.not.under.light.JPG

BABIES.2.under.light.JPG

BABIES.groupshot.iinside.JPG

BABIES.groushot.outside.NICE.JPG

BABIES.roupdhot.outside.GOOD.JPG

everything is lookin awesome, but i grow on a larger scale, so i wouldnt really have need for it, but thanks anyway, looks like your having great success so far
keep er green

Dc

ok we topped threem of them yesterday, and probably gonna do the other today. they growing fast now.
me and my grow buddy have been talking about flowering these soon, but it meaans putting them in with 3 much bigger plants (see my freezer grow). then were gonna buy female seeds and start them a little later than these. 8 weeks for them in this pc case is too long.
we have topped them to stunt the growth a little, and make them bush out. so maybe well be able to keep them in there for longer.
we also starting there 1st feed today 1/4 strength IONIC GROW do you think this will be too strong for them?? theyre 19 days today.

heres a pic of the nutes they will be given throughout the grow (probably to be added to);

NUTRIENTS.JPG

ok so we trimmed the roots today, and they look ok after a few hours. i thought id post a few pics of the process. we took off between 1/2-3/4 of the roots all together, so here how it went

pics;
1 roots before trimming
2 began around the edges
3 getting all of the side roots off
4 final touches

STEP.1.before.cutting.JPG

STEP.2.cutting.at.angle.JPG

STEP.3.cut.further.in.JPG

STEP.4.cut.lower.roots.JPG

Latest posts

Back