How many cfls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yeahthat: That is why she is The Goddess of Hemp :hubba:

If you really want to use the CFLs that you have right now and add a few single bulb T5HO fixtures check out the "sunblasters" on access-discounts.com , I have a bunch of them that I use because of my initial setup being not right to fit multibulb fixtures. They work really good and allow you the flexability to set them in different formations, and daisy chain them together. They are also ideal if you have a small spot up under some tight space that you want to stick some clones. you can just mount a couple three of them right above the cloner.

When I buy T5 fixture again it will be that 20k Tek-light from HTG. That thing looks pretty righteous for a veg room. Get 2 of them and set them on opposing sides of a smallish veg room so that the girls get light from all directions. :cool:

If you are interested in training methods for increasing bud sites and really getting the most out of a plant, read the stickies on LST, topping, supercropping, and fimming. I have tried topping and fimming and like the fim technique when used with LST. I fimmed all my Russians and they have grown into some very nice bushes. :)

Darn these CFL's are tricky , I got 1 mature plant to grow with 5 CFL's ...out of 10 seedlings.

I beauty and 9 duds. side by side

I have low moisture problem and 24 C degrees seems cold for plants after there out of the seedling stage.with the exhaust fan

I repotted some due to poor drainage, low perlite mix.

Might have been that or a few hotnights of 29 C degrees.

Keeptrying I guess.

Moisture is 30 to 40 percent with a high of 50%

I still think they are holding moisture too long and not growing, just staying the same size.

I need a good video to help sex them. too.

The bottom line is that CFLs simply do not produce as well as most of the other light sources. If you can save and spring for a HPS, you should see a great increase in plant health and yield. Your temps are within boundaries--24C is definitely not too cool, 29C is at the high end of okay. Did you have good ventilation? Did you feed them well?

Sexing is very very easy--the difference is quite distinct and you really have enough time before a male drops pollen to be sure of what you have. I will try to find the link.

So is it 24 degrees minimum, or minimum of 27 degrees?(when seeds are starting)
Moisture level? 60 or 80 percent?
I have a good exhaust fan and draft intake.

For Vegging .Seedlings , until there a few inches?

Unsure of what to feed seedlings? Before Flowering at 8 weeks under HPS.

1 plant was good the others , stretched but are thin and unmanageable.

I more week before I throw them under the Hps and hope for a gram.

Then restart with seeds, but I want to get it right. Temps moisture. I am a little sick(easily chilled) so the temps in the box feels chilly(near the plant pot) sometimes when the thermometers say 27 . Nervous that there is a heat or moisture level that is wrong. Lights a minimum of 3 inches overtop.I hope the bigger pot plants I am using are not holding water and drowning the seedling. I think hope is fading on these , so i want to get a decent setup to grow a few seeds this time.
REMOVED

So , is anybody there. You cant use HPS on seedlings? MH.

Temp , moisture, soil, seeds.

I think 27 is good for plants and starting seeds, moisture 65 % minimum, soil common mixed half with perlite. Soak seeds and plant when the white tail is at least 1 cm? Should I put it in wet soil as soon as the seed cracks or wait?

Corrections Please! but be quick about it ..lol
Minimum CFL clearance ?

monkeytail said:
So is it 24 degrees minimum, or minimum of 27 degrees?(when seeds are starting)
Moisture level? 60 or 80 percent?
I have a good exhaust fan and draft intake.

For Vegging .Seedlings , until there a few inches?

Unsure of what to feed seedlings? Before Flowering at 8 weeks under HPS.

1 plant was good the others , stretched but are thin and unmanageable.

I more week before I throw them under the Hps and hope for a gram.

Then restart with seeds, but I want to get it right. Temps moisture. I am a little sick(easily chilled) so the temps in the box feels chilly(near the plant pot) sometimes when the thermometers say 27 . Nervous that there is a heat or moisture level that is wrong. Lights a minimum of 3 inches overtop.I hope the bigger pot plants I am using are not holding water and drowning the seedling. I think hope is fading on these , so i want to get a decent setup to grow a few seeds this time.
REMOVED

You can use a HPS on seedlings but you hve to be very careful. I prefer HO T5's or CFL's for seedlings. Jmo

You don't want to use something on the seedlings that throws too much light. They just cant handle that much light. with the CFLs even, you don't want them too close, I would keep them about 20-30cm away. I would also recommend using a dome for the first 7-10 days so that you can maintain a steady temperature and humidity until they really take hold.

As they start to develop new leaf growth you can lower the CFLs and/or add more to increase lumens. You also want to make sure that you are using a soil or medium that has very little to no nutrients in it as the seedlings are very susceptable to nutrient burning until their roots get developed well and they start to develop new growth. At that point you can remove the dome and either add some very light nutrients or repot the seedlings into a more nute rich soil.

Once you get past the seedling stage, everything will ramp up fairly quick. You don't want to throw too much at them too quick but you can and should begin to increase the amount of lumens, soil space, and nutrients. :)

I gotta disagree on the dome for seedlings...not needed and I feel like it even hurts them in the long run. Dome are for clones only for me. And to be honest I put T5's right down on them...same thing when I used cfl's...not touching but right on them. jmo

I'm in a nighmare rightnow, my first seeds were planted in warm weather so my temperatures were from 28 to 34 celsius and all 9 house seeds grew. Only 1 plant matured.

Now I have feminized seeds and trying them 1 at a time . 1st and second seed failed. 24 to 28 degrees.

Cant sleep , having bad dreams!

So now I have a third seed sprouting, how long must the sprout be before planting to ensure it will grow? What could I be doing wrong , they should at least get a two leafer before failing. Im new to the garden, but the only thing i noticed is smaller seeds. My sprout on the laast seed was about a quarter inch when i planted in a quarter inch hole , covered and then wet the earth and watered morning and night. It should have been topside in 2or 3 days?

Ive always had goodluck with seeds starting an growing, if not the best quality. Slight variation to my method , i guess. That I need to pinpoint.

Since I had such good results in the 30 degree range, thats where I think i should be until they hatch and then down to 27celsius.

Should my small pot be wicking water up to the seed or sit in a dry tray and water over the seed , once or twice a day? I planted point of seed up , in a quarter inch hole and the sprout (1/4") had not yet turned down. Maby too shallow and it dried?

Can the seed be damaged , sprouting it at higher temperatures? Compared to a longer cooler 24 degree temperature. sprouting?
I found higher temperature seed sprouting , quicker and better.

What are you planting them in? Soil that is prenuted can kill seedlings.

The Hemp Goddess said:
What are you planting them in? Soil that is prenuted can kill seedlings.

:yeahthat: .
LH

Latest posts

Back